The easiest crunchy and crispy Cabbage Salad recipe! The salad recipe is loaded with fresh cabbage, cucumbers, crab meat, peas, corn that is all tossed in a creamy mayo dressing.
The salad can be made ahead and perfect for potlucks, barbecues, or as a side dish.
CREAMY CABBAGE SALAD-
This cabbage salad is such a crunchy and hearty salad. The flavors from the cabbage, peas, corn and crab meat combined truly are AMAZING. In just 10 minutes you can have this crispy and crunchy salad ready to enjoy.
This salad is always a hit when making it for parties. You can easily make it the night before, just don’t mix it until serving.
WHAT YOU NEED-
With these simple ingredients, you can have this cabbage salad ready to be enjoyed! All you need is:
- CABBAGE– Freshly shredded cabbage is what you need for this recipe!
- CUCUMBERS– Any cucumber will work.
- CORN– Fresh corn or canned corn will do for this salad.
- CRAB MEAT– This salad calls for crab, you can use different kinds of crab meat. Canned crab, imitation crab, or fresh crab can be used.
- PEAS– You can use either frozen, canned or fresh snap peas.
- DILL– Finely chopped fresh dill gives this salad so much more flavor!
- MAYO– Mayo is the simple dressing for this salad.
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE SALAD-
- Prep ingredients – Finely shred the cabbage using a mandoline slicer. Julienne the cucumbers, and cube the crab meat.
- Combine – In a salad bowl add the shredded cabbage, cucumbers, crab meat, peas, corn and dill.
- Add mayo– Add the mayo and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad until well combined.
Can I make this cabbage salad ahead of time?
Yes! You can prepare everything for the salad just don’t mix with the dressing until ready to serve. Prepare the salad up to 2 days in advance.
How long will this salad last?
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days once it’s mixed.
OTHER SALADS TO TRY-
Salads are a must for a good potluck or party. Here are some more popular recipes that are crowd-pleasers:
- Broccoli Cabbage Salad
- Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- Bologna Salad Recipe
- Classic Egg Salad
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
Creamy Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, julienned
- 8 oz crab meat, cubed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas or canned, thawed
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp dill
- salt & pepper
- Finely shred the cabbage.
- Julienne the cucumbers. Cube the crab meat. Chop dill.
- Add the peas, corn, dill, and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix. Serve immediately. (If you will not be serving right away, add all the ingredients to a bowl and keep refrigerated. When you are ready to serve mix and serve.)