This broccoli salad with bacon and cheese with a rich homemade dressing is the ultimate salad recipe. This broccoli salad is the ultimate party and potluck recipe.
|Easily make the salad and dressing a day in advance, then just mix before serving.|
How to Make Broccoli Salad with Bacon and cheese-
- Cook bacon– Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces, allow to completely cool.
- Cut broccoli– Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Cut cauliflower– Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Cheese– Cube the Colby Jack cheese into small cubes.
- Corn– Drain canned corn or use fresh corn on the cob that is cooled.
- Chop onion– Finely cube or chop the red onion.
- Slice tomatoes– Halve the cherry tomatoes or cut them into quarters.
- Mix– Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Make Homemade Dressing-
For the dressing, mix the mayo with sour cream, garlic clove and season with salt and pepper.
You can completely prep the salad in advance along with the dressing, just don’t mix until serving. Make the salad up to a day in advance.
Frequently asked questions-
Yes, you can definitely substitute for precooked bacon.
No, you want to be sure to use fresh and uncooked broccoli and cauliflower for the salad.
You can substitute red onion for sweet onion or just omit the onion completely.
I hope this salad becomes a new favorite for parties!
Other salads to enjoy:
Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheese
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 small head red onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz Colby Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut cauliflower and broccoli into small florets. Cube cheese. Dice onion. Slice or quarter tomatoes. Open canned corn.
- Slice bacon into pieces and cook. Add bacon to paper towel to cool.
- Combine ingredients for salad dressing.
- Add ¾ of the dressing to the salad and mix. Add additional dressing as needed. Enjoy friends!