With just a few ingredients you most likely already have on hand, you can make this traditional homemade Greek Salad Dressing. Loaded with so much flavor from the tangy vinegar and lemon, combined with mayo, garlic and Dijon mustard – this creamy dressing will become a favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
homemade greek salad dressing-
I fell in love with Greek Salad dressing when I was pregnant.
Something about the olive oil combined with garlic, herbs that made me crave the dressing my entire pregnancy. We added mayo and Dijon mustard to give the dressing a creaminess it usually lacks and it was a winner! The fresh lemon juice gives it acidity and a hint of freshness.
The authentic flavors of the dressing work so well with a Greek salad loaded with fresh Romaine, olives, feta and tomatoes!
You’ll NEVER purchase store-bought Greek Salad Dressing after you give the homemade version a try.
what is greek salad dressing made of?
- Olive oil (or Extra-virgin olive oil)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Garlic (you can substitute for powdered garlic)
- Dijon Mustard
- White Vinegar (or Red wine vinegar or Balsamic vinegar may be substituted)
- Italian Seasoning (use your favorite fresh herbs on hand for a substitute)
- Salt and pepper (add more or less, to taste)
how to make greek salad dressing-
Add all of the ingredients for the salad dressing to a container (or mason jar) and secure it with a lid. Shake dressing until well combined. Refrigerate salad dressing.
We love using THIS dressing container!
how long will salad dressing stay fresh?
This salad will keep refrigerated up to seven days, stir dressing before serving.
I hope you enjoy this Authentic Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe! During the summer, we double the recipe and keep it refrigerated to enjoy as needed with fresh vegetables in season.
other salad recipes to try:
- Spring Salad– so light.
- Radish Cucumber Tomato Salad– so good with fresh vegetables.
- Chicken Salad over Mixed Greens– unusual and so filling.
- Romaine Chicken Salad– perfect for an easy lunch.
Greek Salad Dressing
- In a dressing holder, add the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon, Dijon mustard, mayo, vinegar, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Shake dressing vigorously until combined.
- Enjoy over salad.