I love this one-pan chicken potatoes & vegetables recipe. Chicken thighs with potatoes, carrots, zucchini and mushrooms. It’s such an easy meal to throw together. This dinner recipe will become a family favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I am so thrilled to share this recipe with you guys! If you have been following our blog, you know we love quick dinners (I think I need an easy and quick one pan dinners category!). One-pan meals are amazing because you eliminate a ton of dishes (YES!), and the time preparing dinner is very minimal. Doesn’t get any better than that.
Here are a few of our favorite dinner ideas-
- One-Pan Baked Chicken Potatoes and Vegetables – Chicken drumsticks with potatoes and vegetables.
- Oven Baked Chicken Rice Vegetables – Minimal prep time for rice pilaf with chicken, mushrooms, peppers and carrots. So good!
- One-Pan Breakfast – Sweet potatoes with egg and spinach and tomatoes
CHICKEN & POTATO RECIPE
So of all the combinations I enjoy, chicken and potato have to be a favorite of mine. There’s just something about having those two combined that are so satisfying. This one-pan meal not only has chicken and potatoes but the added vegetables really seal the deal, ha!
p.s. The roasted garlic is SOO good!
Can I substitute the vegetables?
Yes! You can substitute for whatever vegetables you like. Here are a few ideas different ingredients you can add:
- Red pepper
- Double the mushrooms
HOW TO MAKE ONE PAN CHICKEN POTATOES
It’s so easy to make this one pan chicken and potatoes recipe. Coat ingredients with oil and seasoning. Bake until desired tenderness on vegetables and until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Tips for one pan chicken & potatoes
- When picking out the chicken thighs, be sure they are about the same in size, or else one will be undercooked while a second overcooked.
- If your zucchini on the crunchier side, cut it into larger pieces. If you want the zucchini really tender, cut it into smaller pieces so it cooks all the way through.
- If you want the dish really juicy, add a few Tablespoons of cubed butter when adding the zucchini and mushrooms.
Shop our AMAZON STORE for all the baking tools we used.
Baked One Pan Chicken Potatoes and Vegetables
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs, 4 thighs
- 1 lb Yukon potatoes, 4 - 5 potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 1 head of garlic
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients for seasoning, set aside.
- Quarter potato if it's a large potato. Cut in three or two parts if the potato is smaller. Slice zucchini and carrots. Slice onion into large pedals. Clean garlic cloves. Place everything into a bowl.
- On a cutting board or bowl, coat chicken with olive oil on both sides. Pour the remaining oil into the bowl with vegetables and mix.
- Season chicken on both sides with seasoning. Season vegetables in bowl and gently toss, add remaining seasoning and mix well.
- Add chicken to baking sheet. Add remaining ingredients excluding mushrooms and zucchini (set those aside).
- Bake in oven 15 minutes. Gently turn everything, add zucchini and mushrooms, bake another 15-20 minutes until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.