Easy recipe for Egg & Sweet Potato Breakfast. The sweet potatoes with spinach, tomatoes, and eggs are such a wonderful combination and complement each other so well!
The best thing about this recipe is that its a one skillet recipe, try this other One Pan Breakfast recipe!
Follow Valentina’s Corner on Pinterest for more inspiration!
sweet potato breakfast-
Sweet potatoes and spinach have many health benefits. Not only is this sweet potato breakfast so filling but you have no regrets enjoying the meal because you started your day with the right food.
I LOVE cubing fresh AVOCADO and adding it to the rest of the ingredients when serving. The avocado cubes are like the cherry on top of a really good ice cream. Seriously SOO good.
I usually like grated hash browns for breakfast. One day, my husband, who is not a fan of sweet potatoes asked for potatoes for breakfast. I was out of regular potatoes, so I used sweet potatoes instead. We were hooked ever since and prefer sweet potatoes over regular Idaho or Russell potatoes for breakfast. DON’T be discouraged to try this breakfast if you don’t typically like these ingredients, give this recipe a try. 🙂
tips to make the best sweet potato breakfast-
- Fully cook the sweet potatoes before adding the eggs and remaining ingredients.
- When cubing the potatoes, be sure they are all the same in size so they cook evenly.
- Don’t forget to close the lid on skillet once the eggs are added or else the bottom of the eggs will cook and the tops will be uncooked – not good!
Other favorite breakfast ideas we LOVE-
- Zucchini & Egg Breakfast Fritters– The cheese and ham filling is SOO good!
- Breakfast Sandwich– Yes, this is amazing with unexpected ingredients for breakfast.
- Warm Canapes– The perfect way to use leftover lunch meat and prepare your breakfast in advance for busy days. Love this recipe.
other ingredients that can be added to the breakfast skillet-
- Bacon, ham, sausage patties or links
- Feta cheese
- Red pepper
You can change up the ingredients to personalize the meal to your family’s liking. 🙂 <3
Don’t limit this Egg & Sweet Potato Breakfast meal to just breakfast. It would make for a great brunch, lunch or even a lazy dinner. So good!
Egg & Sweet Potato Breakfast
- ½ pound sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, when serving
- Cube the sweet potato into about ¼” pieces. Add oil to a large skillet, once hot, add cubed potatoes. Cook on med/high heat 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked and tender (stirring occasionally, as needed). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and tomatoes to skillet. Create openings add butter, add eggs over butter. Cover skillet with a lid. Cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat until eggs are cooked to the desired finish.