This One Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Eggs Recipe is amazing. Cubed potatoes with bacon, peppers and eggs all baked together in the oven. This easy breakfast is prepared completely in one sheet, perfect for busy mornings.
Our Sweet Potato & Egg One Skillet is another great one pan breakfast recipe.
There are so many breakfast recipes to enjoy. I particularly love recipes that require minimal prep time but taste just as wonderful as time-consuming recipes. This breakfast potatoes recipe is just that. Other than cubing and prepping the ingredients, there’s nothing more that needs to be done. #Winner
The potatoes and peppers bake and become so tender. The bacon becomes crispy. The eggs are added and cooked to desired doneness (we like the eggs over-medium and baked them about 5-6 min). Serve the breakfast dish with sliced or cubed avocados for the complete breakfast experience (because breakfast without avocados is not a breakfast ;).)
how to make breakfast potatoes-
- For the seasoning, combine salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Cube the potatoes, onion and pepper to about ½-inch in size.
- Spread everything in a large rimmed.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Generously season and toss.
- Cut the bacon strips into four and add to baking sheet.
- Create 4 wells in the potatoes, gently break an egg into each well. Bake 6-10 minutes, or until eggs reach desired doneness. For scrambled eggs, whisk before adding to well.
TIP: Be sure to cube potatoes, pepper and onion uniform in size for even cooking.
can I cut the potatoes bigger?
Yes, the potatoes may be cubed up to 1-inch in size. The bake time will need to be increased and the remaining ingredients will need to be cut the same size.
what kind of potatoes do I use for breakfast potatoes?
Use your favorite white or red potatoes for this sheet breakfast. Russet, Idaho or Yukon Gold will all work great.
TIP: Potatoes may be peeled or left unpeeled for this breakfast bake recipe.
can I substitute the bacon?
- Yes, sausage links are a great substitute. Cook as you would the bacon.
- Cubed ham may also be added, however, add the ham with the eggs. Since it’s already cooked, it just needs to be heated.
how to reheat breakfast potatoes-
The breakfast potatoes may be reheated in the oven covered with foil, or reheated in a skillet lightly greased with oil or butter.
Try these other BREAKFAST recipes:
- Eggs with Vegetables in Skillet– Like an omelet but so much better.
- Bacon Spinach Omelette– If you like spinach, this is a must try.
- Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole– Perfect for a potluck or brunch.
One Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Eggs
- 3/4 lb potatoes, 1/2" cubes
- 6 oz bacon, cut
- 1/2 green or red pepper, 1/2" cubes
- 1/3 medium red onion, 1/2" cubes
- 3 Tbsp Canola oil (or Olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cube potatoes into small even cubes, about 1/2" in size.
- Rinse potatoes and pat down dry.
- Cube pepper and onions.
- Add potatoes, onion, and peppers onto the baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Drizzle oil over everything and season. Gently toss to coat.
- Cut bacon strips into four. Spread bacon throughout the sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until the bacon is crispy and potatoes are almost cooked. Gently toss.
- Create four wells in potatoes.
- Break an egg into each well.
- Cook an additional 6-10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve with avocado.