This One-Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Eggs Recipe is amazing. Cubed potatoes with bacon, peppers and eggs all baked together in the oven. This easy breakfast is prepared completely in one sheet, perfect for busy mornings or if you are hosting guests.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I love breakfast recipes that are easy to make yet hearty and so filling. This recipe is just that!
There are so many breakfast recipes to enjoy. I particularly love recipes that require minimal prep time but taste just as wonderful as the time-consuming recipes do. These breakfast potatoes are loaded with so much flavor from the peppers, onions and bacon. The eggs can be baked to the desired doneness and the seasoning completes the dish.
Other than cubing and prepping the ingredients, there’s nothing more that needs done, which makes this one-pan meal a KEEPER recipe!
Serve the breakfast potatoes with sliced or cubed avocados for the complete breakfast experience. (Because breakfast without avocado is not a breakfast, right?)
how to make breakfast potatoes-
This recipe just could not be any easier to prep and let the oven do the rest of the work – as you enjoy hot coffee!
- Preheat the oven.
- Prepare the seasoning. Combine the salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Cube the potatoes, rinse under cold water and pat dry. Finely cube the onion and pepper. You want the pieces uniform in size, about ½-inch.
- Spread the potatoes, peppers and onions in a large rimmed baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with oil. You want to make sure all of the ingredients are covered with oil or they will become dry and unpleasant as baked. TIP: We also sometimes add butter with the oil, gives it more flavor.
- Generously season with the seasoning and toss to combine.
- Cut the bacon strips into four and add to baking sheet between the other ingredients.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender.
- Create 4 wells in the potatoes, gently break an egg into each well. Bake 6-10 minutes, or until eggs reach desired doneness. For scrambled eggs, whisk before adding to well.
can I cut the potatoes bigger?
Yes, the potatoes may be cubed up to 1-inch in size. The bake time will need to be increased and the remaining ingredients will need to be cut the same size.
what kind of potatoes do I use for breakfast potatoes?
Use your favorite white or red potatoes for this sheet breakfast. Russet, Idaho or Yukon Gold will all work great. TIP: Potatoes may be peeled or left unpeeled.
can I substitute the bacon?
- Yes, sausage links are a great substitute. Cook as you would the bacon.
- Cubed ham may also be added. If substituting with ham with the eggs (since the meat is already cooked and just needs to be heated).
how to reheat breakfast potatoes-
The breakfast potatoes may be reheated in the oven covered with foil, or reheated in a skillet lightly greased with oil or butter.
TRY THESE OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- Eggs with Vegetables in Skillet– Like an omelet but so much better.
- Bacon Spinach Omelette– If you like spinach, this is a must-try.
- Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole– Perfect for a potluck or brunch.
- Breakfast sandwich– With the best sauce.
One Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Eggs
- 3/4 lb potatoes, 1/2" cubes
- 6 oz bacon, cut into four
- 1/2 green or red pepper, 1/2" cubes
- 1/3 medium red onion, 1/2" cubes
- 4 Tbsp canola oil (or Olive oil)
- 4 large eggs
- butter, optional
- Peel and cube potatoes into small even cubes, about 1/2" in size.
- Rinse potatoes in cold water and pat down dry.
- Cube pepper and onions.
- Add potatoes, onion and peppers to the baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Drizzle oil over everything and season. Gently toss to coat.
- Cut bacon strips into four, add through the other ingredients.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and potatoes are almost done. Gently toss.
- Create four wells in potatoes.
- Break an egg into each well.
- Cook an additional 6-10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve with avocado.