This Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is everything you could ask for in a breakfast sandwich. Croissants with egg, ham, and cheese smothered with a delicious homemade honey mustard sauce.
The recipe is amazing and kids request it as often as they do homemade pancakes.
A hearty and filling breakfast is a must, and this sandwich is just that. The flaky crispy croissant sandwich is loaded with egg, ham and cheese in the most amazing creamy honey Dijon sauce. The flavors come together and create the most amazing of combinations.
McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches and Starbucks can’t even compare to the taste of these Ham and Cheese croissant sandwiches.
how to make the best breakfast sandwich-
- EGGS– Whisk together eggs, milk, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and oil. Add the egg mixture, diced tomatoes, and green onions. Close the lid and cook until eggs are almost fully cooked and eggs set.
- PREPARE SAUCE– Whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard, paprika, and hot sauce.
- ASSEMBLE SANDWICH– Slice the croissant in half. Cut the eggs into 6 parts.
- Add ham, cheese, egg, and top with the Dijon sauce.
- BAKE– Bake the sandwiches at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until croissants are crispy and cheese is melted. TIP- If the tops of the croissant begin to brown and the cheese hasn’t melted, cover dish with foil to finish baking.
TIP: Don’t overcook the egg mixture, it will taste too dry. It’ll finish baking in the oven.
can I make sandwiches the night before?
Yes, these croissant breakfast sandwiches are great to prepare the night before. Completely follow instructions, just DON’T bake the sandwiches. Add them to a casserole dish then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, just bake as instructed. Perfect for busy mornings or if you are having company and want to prep in advance!
can I freeze croissant sandwiches?
Yes, these breakfast croissant sandwiches are great for freezing. Freeze sandwiches in individual bags and thaw as needed. Or wrap an individual sandwich in plastic wrap and then place all the sandwiches in a large freezer bag.
can THEse sandwiches be reheated?
Yes! These breakfast sandwiches are great to reheat. Make the sandwiches overnight. Cover in foil and reheat in a toaster oven or the sandwiches can be reheated in the microwave (without the foil).
Try these other BREAKFAST recipes-
- Maple Pecan French Toast Casserole– the most amazing combination.
- Bacon Mushroom Omelet– So hearty and loaded with veggies.
- Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole– so satisfying and filling.
- Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich– for the avocado lovers.
Oh, I can’t wait for you to try these ham and cheese croissant breakfast sandwiches the honey Dijon sauce.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- 6 medium croissants
- 6 slices cheese (Colby Jack, Swiss or provolone)
- 6 slices ham
- 2 Tbsp tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp canola oil
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp sour cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and sour cream, season with salt and pepper to taste. Chop tomatoes and finely chop green onion.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture, add the tomatoes and green onion. Cover skillet with lid and cook until eggs are set and almost fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Cut the eggs into six equal parts.
- Combine all the ingredients for the honey Dijon sauce. Set aside.
- Slice croissants in half. Top one side with ham, cheese and egg. Evenly distribute sauce between all six croissant sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches into a casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and tops of croissants are crispy and golden. (If needed, cover baking dish with foil for the cheese to completely melt and so the tops of croissants don't burn.)