This Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is everything you could ask for in a breakfast sandwich. Flakey croissants with eggs, sliced ham, and cheese with a delicious homemade honey mustard sauce.
If you enjoyed this video recipe, we’d love for you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. (P.S. Click the BELL icon to get notifications of new videos.)
breakfast CROISSANT sandwich-
A hearty and filling breakfast is a must, and this sandwich is just that. The flaky crispy croissant sandwich is loaded with egg, ham and cheese in the most amazing creamy honey Dijon sauce. The flavors come together and create an utterly delicious combination of flavors.
McDonald’s and Starbucks breakfast sandwiches can’t even compare to the taste of these homemade breakfast croissant sandwiches.
how to make breakfast croissant sandwich:
- Prepare sauce– Whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard, sour cream and paprika.
- Egg mixture– Whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook eggs- In a skillet, heat the butter and oil. Add the egg mixture, diced tomatoes, and green onions. Close the lid and cook until eggs start to set on top.
- Assemble sandwich– Slice the croissant in half. Cut the eggs into 6 parts.
- Add ham, cheese, egg, and top with the honey mustard sauce.
- Bake– Bake the sandwiches at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until croissants are crispy and cheese is melted. Note: If the tops of the croissant begin to brown and the cheese hasn’t melted, cover dish with foil to finish baking.
Chef’s Tip: If you are using large croissants, you’ll get four sandwiches. If using small croissants, you will get six sandwiches.
These sandwiches are great to prepare the night before, making them an easy recipe for brunch or parties. Completely follow instructions, just do not bake the sandwiches.
Add sandwiches to a casserole dish, tightly cover and refrigerate. Then, just bake per instructions before serving.
Breakfast croissant sandwiches are great for freeze. Freeze the breakfast sandwich by wrapping each sandwich individually in parchment paper, plastic wrap, or foil, and then place them in a freezer bag. These can freeze up to 1-2 months.
HOW TO REHEAT FROZEN SANDWICHES-
- When ready to enjoy just remove the number of sandwiches from the freezer and unwrap and wrap in a paper towel and add in the microwave, cooking until defrosted and warmed through.
- You can also unthaw overnight and add them to a casserole dish and bake according to instructions.
These breakfast sandwiches are great to reheat. Reheat in the oven until warm, in the microwave or even an air fryer.
Try these other BREAKFAST recipes-
- Maple Pecan French Toast Casserole
- Bacon Mushroom Omelet
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders
- Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich
Oh, I can’t wait for you to try these ham and cheese croissant breakfast sandwiches.
Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- 6 medium croissants
- 6 slices cheese (Colby Jack, Swiss or provolone)
- 6 slices ham
- 2 Tbsp tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp canola oil
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chop tomatoes and finely chop green onion.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture, add the tomatoes and green onion. Cover skillet with lid and cook until eggs are set and almost fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Cut the eggs into six equal parts.
- Combine all the ingredients for the honey Dijon sauce. Set aside.
- Slice croissants in half. Top one side with ham, cheese and egg. Evenly distribute sauce between all six croissant sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches into a casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and tops of croissants are crispy and golden. (If needed, cover baking dish with foil for the cheese to completely melt and so the tops of croissants don't burn.)