This recipe for sausage egg breakfast sliders is the ultimate breakfast sandwich! Ground Italian sausage topped with a fluffy egg mixture and cheese between Hawaiin buns.
This is an easy but hearty breakfast sandwich recipe.
These homemade breakfast sliders are such a hearty and delicious breakfast recipe. Soft and fluffy Hawaiian buns loaded with ground sausage, fluffy eggs, and cheese. The entire family will love these delicious sliders.
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST SLIDERS-
- Cook meat– Cook Italian sausage until browned, breaking up the meat as it is cooked.
- Cook eggs– Scramble and cook the egg mixture.
- Assemble sliders– Slice Hawaiin buns in half. Add the meat, then the cheese and top with the egg mixture (tuck the eggs in so they aren’t hanging over) and close the tops of buns.
- Butter buns: Combine the melted butter with garlic and generously brush the tops of buns.
- Bake sliders: Bake the sliders until golden on top and the cheese melts. Enjoy, friends!
WHAT KIND OF MEAT DO I USE FOR BREAKFAST SLIDERS?
You can use just about any meat or a combination of breakfast meats for the sliders. Though we like Italian sausage, you can use ham, bacon, or sausage patties as well.
If you like vegetables, sautee your favorite vegetable with the sausage. You can add pepper, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, or tomatoes.
Our kids don’t like vegetables so I just add some finely diced vegetables
CAN I MAKE BREAKFAST SLIDERS IN ADVANCE?
Yes, these are even great to make the night before for a busy morning and bake in the morning. If making the night before, add five minutes to the cooking time as everything will be cold.
These breakfast sandwiches (sliders) are not only great to serve for your family. They’re a great idea for brunch and parties.
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- Croissant Sandwiches
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Breakfast Tacos
- Best Oatmeal
- Avocado Toast
Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- 12 oz Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
- 6 oz provolone cheese (6 slices), halved
- 16 oz italian sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- ½ tsp canola oil
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, sauté the sausage until fully cooked, breaking into little pieces as you cook the sausage.
- Cut the rolls in half removing the tops. Add the bottom of buns to a casserole dish.
- Add the ground sausage onto the buns and top with cheese.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for eggs.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture and green onion. Cover skillet with lid and cook until almost cooked. Remove from heat. (Do not fully cook.)
- Add the egg mixture to sliders and close the buns.
- Melt butter and mix with garlic powder. Generously brush the tops of rolls.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F, remove and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese completely melts.
- Enjoy, friends!