Quick recipe for Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders is the ultimate breakfast sandwich! Ground Italian sausage topped with a fluffy egg mixture and cheese between Hawaiin buns. Easy but hearty breakfast sandwich recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
how to make breakfast sliders-
- MEAT- Cook Italian sausage until browned. TIP: You can also use sausage patties instead of crumbled meat like this.
- EGGS- Scramble and cook the egg mixture.
- ASSEMBLE- Slice Hawaiin buns in half. Add the meat, then the cheese and top with the egg mixture (tuck the eggs in so they aren’t hanging over).
- TOPPING: Combine the melted butter with garlic and generously brush tops of buns.
- BAKE: Bake rolls until golden on top and cheese melts. Enjoy, friends!
what kind of meat do I use for breakfast sliders?
You can change up the meat you use. Though we like Italian sausage, I’ve used ham, bacon and sausage patties as well.
NOTE: If you like vegetables, sautee your favorite vegetable with the sausage. You can add pepper, onions, zucchini, mushroom or tomatoes. Our kids don’t like vegetables so I only add it to half of the sliders.
can I make breakfast sliders in advance?
Yes, these are even great to make the night before for busy morning and bake in the morning. If making the night before, add five minutes to the cooking time.
Other great Breakfast recipes:
- Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich– Unique sandwich with a delicious balsamic glaze.
- Croissant Sandwiches– Sandwiches with ham and cheese.
- One Pan Breakfast– The best one pan breakfast with potatoes, egg, and vegetables.
- Easy Pancake Recipe– Fluffy and delicious pancakes!
These breakfast sandwiches (sliders) are not only great to serve for your family. They’re a great idea for brunch and parties.
Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- 12 pack Hawaiian rolls
- 6 oz provolone cheese (6 slices), halved
- 16 oz Italian sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- dash or salt and pepper
- ½ tsp canola oil
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, sauté the sausage until fully cooked, breaking into little pieces as you cook the sausage.
- Cut the rolls in half removing the tops. Add the bottom of buns to a casserole dish.
- Add cooked sausage to the bottom buns.
- Top sausage with cheese slices.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for eggs.
- In a skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture and green onion. Cover skillet with lid and cook until almost cooked. Remove from heat. (Do not fully cook.)
- Add to egg mixture to sliders.
- Add tops of buns.
- Melt butter and mix with garlic powder.
- Generously brush the tops of rolls.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F, remove and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese completely melts.
- Enjoy, friends!