Start the day off right with these hearty and flavorful breakfast tacos! Flour tortillas loaded with sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
Flour tortillas loaded with your favorite breakfast meat (we used sausage), fluffy scrambled eggs
We love classic tacos so it’s no surprise the breakfast tacos are such a hit in our family. We serve the tacos buffet style (almost charcuterie board style) in different bowls and everyone can build their own taco with their favorite toppings.
The entire family will LOVE this breakfast recipe! Fluffy scrambled eggs with the meat and desired toppings served in tortillas – SO GOOD.
This recipe is so easy to make, it will become your go-to breakfast recipe.
These breakfast tacos can not get any easier than this! Just whip up the eggs and meat and get out your choice of toppings and you got yourself a meal.
- EGGS: We made classic scrambled eggs but you also just scramble the egg whites.
- MEAT: This recipe calls for ground sausage but sausage, bacon, or ham will also work great!
- TORTILLAS: You can use any kind of tortilla you like! The secret to the best tacos is to warm up the tortilla!
- TOPPINGS: What makes a breakfast taco good is the choice of toppings you add on top! Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour cream
- Homemade guac
- Pico de Gallo
- Green onion
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST TACOS-
Have these breakfast tacos ready to serve in just a few simple steps!
- Prepare toppings: Prepare all your toppings by dicing or cubing the vegetable.
- Cook meat: In a skillet, saute the ground sausage until fully cooked. TIP: Cook the eggs and meat at the same time so that everything is ready together.
- Egg mixture: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until combined and fluffy.
- Cook eggs: In a skillet, cook the eggs over butter until fluffy and cooked.
- Heat tortillas: Heat tortillas so they are served warm.
- Assemble tacos: Take the tortilla, load it with the meat, eggs and desired toppings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can use either flour or corn tortillas! We prefer the small or medium tortillas but you can use whichever you like best.
Yes! You can substitute the sausage for bacon, ham. If you have leftover taco meat, this is a great way to use it.
To reheat you can reheat the sausage and egg in a skillet or in the microwave.
Yes! You can prepare your toppings, egg mixture and cook the sausage ahead of time. When ready to enjoy, cook the scrambled eggs and reheat the sausage for serving.
You do not want to assemble the tacos ahead of time because they will become soggy. You can keep everything separate in different airtight containers for up to 3 days!
If you’ve never made breakfast tacos for your family, I hope you’re inspired to try the recipe.
OTHER BREAKFAST IDEAS!
- Classic French Toast
- Homemade pancakes
- Bacon spinach omelet
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Banana Pancakes
- One-Pan Breakfast
Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 6 small tortillas (flour or corn)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp half and half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz ground sausage
- desired taco toppings
- Combine the eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste and mix with a whisk until cimbined and fluffy.
- In the same skillet, with the left over grease, scramble the egg mixture until eggs are cooked.Add to a serving bowl.
- Warm the tortillas and prepare the desired toppings.
- Add the meat, eggs, and desired toppings onto a tortilla and enjoy!
- sour cream
- pico de gallo