This hearty Breakfast Skillet Recipe has all the breakfast favorites and is made in one pan. Potatoes cooked with peppers, onions, and bacon topped with shredded cheese and eggs, are the perfect way to start the day.
We love this easy bacon and potato breakfast skillet recipe. Whether you make this for a weekend brunch or a weekday breakfast, everyone will enjoy the easy dish.
The combination of flavors from potatoes, peppers, bacon, cheese, and eggs is amazing. You can easily double the portion for a larger crowd.
- Bacon– For this recipe, you want to use cubed bacon and reserve the bacon grease.
- Potato– Be sure to cube the potatoes in uniform sizes for even cooking.
- Seasoning– Though we used salt, pepper, and garlic powder, you can use any of your favorite seasonings.
- Onion– You can use either regular onion or red onion.
- Bell Pepper– Any color will work, just finely cube into small pieces. We love using green bell pepper, and red and orange bell pepper.
- Butter– Unsalted butter is what we need to cook the eggs.
- Eggs– Cook the eggs to the desired doneness.
- Shredded Cheese– Any shredded cheese will work or a combination of cheeses.
- Cherry Tomato– Cubed cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes cubed will work great.
- Avocado– Avocado is that perfect finish to the dish but you can leave it out.
HOW TO MAKE SKILLET BREAKFAST-
- Cook bacon– In a deep skillet, saute the bacon until fully cooked. Remove the bacon from the skillet but keep the bacon grease.
- Potatoes– Add the cubed potatoes to the bacon grease and cook on medium-high heat. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Veggies– Add the chopped onion and cubed peppers to the potatoes and cook until the veggies are tender.
- Cook eggs– Once the veggies and potatoes are cooked through, add eggs to the dish and top with shredded cheese. Cover with the lid and cook until eggs are cooked.
- Top– Top with sliced avocado and chopped tomatoes and serve.
There are so many different variations to this dish by adding different meats, veggies, and toppings.
- Breakfast Sausage Links
- Turkey Bacon
- Red onion
- Chopped ham
- Green onions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! You can use frozen hash browns for this dish if you want. Since they are frozen but already cooked the cooking time will be less.
You can use russet potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, and even red skin potatoes!
You can use any of your favorite shredded cheese. Colby jack, mozzarella cheese, and mild cheddar cheese will all work. If you like spicy, use pepper jack cheese.
You can reheat this dish in the air fryer, stovetop, or microwave, just cook the potatoes until reheated.
Store these leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES-
Breakfast is a must in our home, here are some of our favorite breakfast recipes.
- Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
- Pancake Sheet Pancakes
- Shredded Hashbrowns
- French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Sausage Gravy
- Homemade Biscuits
Breakfast Skillet Recipe
- In a deep skillet, cook the chopped bacon until fully cooked. Remove the bacon from the skillet leaving the bacon grease.
- Add the cubed potatoes into the skillet and cook in the bacon grease on medium high heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add in the chopped onion and cubed bell peppers into the potatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once the potatoes and veggies are cooked create 4 wells for eggs. Add butter into each well and crack an egg into each of the four wells. Sprinkle it with the shredded cheese and add the bacon back in.
- Close the lid and cook on medium low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the egg has cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Top with sliced avocados, cubed tomatoes, freshly chopped greens and serve.