Soft, flaky and buttery Homemade Biscuit Recipe that will leave you so satisfied! The easy biscuits are so quick to make, and you just can’t beat the flavor of freshly baked biscuits.
These biscuits are great served with creamy gravy for breakfast or with butter and jam.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
easy biscuit recipe-
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day – by far! I love having a hearty meal to get me started for the day (and coffee of course, because coffee is life). Having a large family though, breakfast can feel overwhelming and so time-consuming. That’s why I love this recipe so much. It comes together so quickly and it so delicious. The biscuits and so buttery, flaky soft and truly just melt in your mouth kind of delicious.
I love that you can add jam or butter for a sweeter breakfast or sausage, eggs and cheese for more of a savory breakfast!
tips for homemade biscuits-
Measure out ingredients and have them ready. This recipe is super easy and it’s best if everything is measured out.
Keep the working surface floured generously.
Don’t overmix the dough, a dough blender is great to use when mixing butter into the flour. The mixture will be crumbly, and you don’t want the butter to melt.
Flour the biscuit cutter so the dough doesn’t get stuck. When cutting, don’t twist the cutter.
can biscuits be made in advance?
Yes! These biscuits are even great to make the night before. Prepare per instructions and refrigerate the cut biscuits. Keep biscuits covered. Bake in the morning per instructions.
can biscuit dough be frozen?
Yes, definitely. Uncooked biscuit dough is great to freeze. Layout shaped biscuits on a flat platter or baking sheet and freeze. Once the dough is frozen, transfer to a Ziploc bag. Bake as instructed, adding a few minutes to the bake time since the dough is frozen.
Once you give these homemade biscuits a try, you’ll never want to purchase store-bought ones again.
Try these other great bread recipes:
- Everything Bagel Recipe– a cheat way to bake bagels.
- Easy Braided Bread– when you want your bread to make a statement.
- Italian Bread– amazing crust.
- Dinner Rolls– comfort food.
Homemade Biscuit Recipe
- Cube butter and place in the freezer while you prep and measure remaining ingredients.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- In a large bowl, combine sifted flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Mix in the butter with the flour ingredients until crumbly. Don't overbeat.
- Create a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients and mix with metal spoon just until incorporated.
- Generously flour surface with flour. Add the dough and quickly form a circle with the dough.
- Shape 12 biscuits with a biscuit mold.
- Carefully transfer biscuit to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.