This EASY Blackberry Cobbler recipe makes for the best summer dessert! Juicy fresh blackberry filled with buttery and flakey biscuits, so GOOD!
Serve the warm blackberry cobbler with some vanilla ice cream for the perfect summer treat.
EASY BLACKBERRY COBBLER-
This blackberry cobbler is such a delicious, quick, and easy dessert that is perfect, especially during the summertime! The blackberries are tossed in sugar, lemon, and cornstarch and topped with a biscuit topping. The cobbler is then baked until the blackberries are floating in a thick and flavor-packed sauce and the biscuit topping is golden and flakey.
Chef’s Tip: The cobbler is best when served with vanilla ice cream.
All you need is just a few simple ingredients to make this delicious berry cobbler.
- Blackberries– You want to make sure to use fresh blackberries for the ultimate flavors.
- Sugar– We use granulated sugar to sweeten the berries.
- Cornstarch– Be sure to use fresh cornstarch, to thicken the berries and juices.
- Water– We add water to the berries to give a juicy cobbler mixture.
- Cinnamon– Ground cinnamon for extra flavors.
- Lemon Juice & Zest– Freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest for additional flavors.
- Biscuit Topping– For the biscuit topping we use half a portion of our homemade buttermilk biscuit recipe. You can also use premade buttermilk biscuits, we like to use the Pillsbury biscuit dough.
HOW TO MAKE BLACKBERRY COBBLER-
This flavorful blackberry cobbler recipe comes together so quickly and is so easy to make!
- Blackberry filling– Combine all the ingredients for the blackberry cobbler filling in a large bowl.
- Add to the dish– Transfer the berry mixture into a small baking dish.
- Biscuit topping– In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the biscuit topping and mix until biscuit batter is formed.
- Assemble– Spray an ice cream scoop with baking spray and scoop the biscuit batter onto the blackberries. Creating scoops all over the berries.
- Bake– Bake the cobbler until the biscuits are golden and crispy.
- Rest– Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy– Serve with fresh vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Switch out the blackberries for a different type of fruit or add two kinds of fruit to change up the flavor of this cobbler.
- Multi Berry
- Blackberry Peach
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can reheat this cobbler in the oven or microwave.
We do not recommend freezing this blackberry cobbler.
Store the leftovers covered in an air-tight plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Yes! You can use frozen blackberries if you do not have fresh blackberries.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES-
The best kind of desserts have fruit in them, here are some of our favorites:
- Cherry Vareniki Recipe
- Cherry Hand Pies
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, add the blackberries, sugar, cornstarch, water, cinnamon, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Transfer the berry mixture into a small baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, cream of tartar, baking powder.
- Mix in the butter with the flour ingredients until crumbly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the half and half with egg.
- Create a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients and mix with metal spoon just until incorporated.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with baking spray and scoop the biscuit batter onto the blackberries. Creating scoops all over the berries.
- Bake the cobbler for 30-35 minutes or until the biscuits are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh vanilla ice cream and enjoy!