The best Fresh Peach Pie Recipe is made with a flakey, buttery homemade pie crust and a sweet peach pie filling bursting with flavor.
The peach pie served with vanilla ice cream is a classic summertime favorite!
BEST PEACH PIE RECIPE-
There is nothing better than making a fresh peach pie for your loved ones or taking it to a party. The pie is so easy to make and tastes phenomenal! The peach filling combined with the buttery and flaky pie crust truly makes for the best pie recipe. Serve the pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert.
WHAT YOU NEED-
This fresh peach pie recipe comes together so quickly and with simple ingredients!
- Pie crust– You can use store-bought pie crust or homemade pie dough.
- Peaches– We recommend you use fresh peaches that are slightly firm, not too hard, and not too mushy.
- Cornstarch– This is the thickening agent for the filling.
- Sugars– Use brown sugar and granulated sugar to give your filling sweetness.
- Cinnamon– Ground cinnamon gives you that delicious flavor!
- Lemon– We like adding lemon juice to add a hint of acidity.
- Butter– Cubed butter gives you a delicious buttery filling.
- Egg wash– An egg with a splash of water for the top of the pie to give you that shiny, golden pie crust. You can also use heavy cream for the topping instead of egg wash.
|Chef’s Tip- To spice up your peach pie, add only the amount of peaches and the other half substitute with another fruit for a multi-flavored pie. We love adding apples, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries!
HOW TO MAKE PEACH PIE-
- Pie dough – Make one portion of our homemade pie crust recipe.
- Cut peaches – Peel and pit the peaches and then slice them into even-sized pieces.
- Remaining ingredients – Add peaches to a bowl and add the cornstarch, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and cubed butter and gently mix to combine.
- Transfer to dish – Roll out one of the pie disks into a 12” disk, wrap the dough around the rolling pin, and unroll over a 9” pie dish. Press the pie dough down into the dish.
- Add filling – Add the peach pie filling into the pie dish along with any juices.
- Top pie – Top the pie with a second pie crust and pinch to seal the edges. Slice some slits on the top, or use another pie design. Brush the top of the pie with egg wash.
- Cover edges – Cover the edges of the pie with several layers of foil.
- Bake pie – Bake the pie until golden and fully cooked.
- Cool – Cool the peach pie, then serve with ice cream.
|Chef’s Tip: Our pie crust recipe teaches you how to make the perfect lattice!
FREEZING THE PEACH PIE-
Freezing pie is great! I love to make a couple of pies while peaches are in season to enjoy when craving peach pie! You can freeze peach pie, either baked or unbaked.
- BAKED PIE– Once baked and cooled, cover the pie and freeze it well to avoid freezer burn. Freeze it for up to 4 months!
- UNBAKED PIE– Cover pie tightly and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake per instructions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can store leftover pie at room temp for up to 3-4 days or in the fridge for up to a week!
Yes! You can make the peach pie ahead of time and then reheat it right before serving.
Add the peach pie to the oven, preheat to 350°F, cover the pie with foil, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pie is warmed.
The cornstarch is the thickening agent for the filling; adding more cornstarch will give you a thicker filling.
Although we do recommend using fresh peaches, you can also use drained canned peaches or defrosted frozen peaches for the filling with great results.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES:
Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
peach pie filling-
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp water
- Make 1 recipe of homemade pie crust.
Prepare the peach pie filling-
- Wash and peel the peaches and pit the seeds. Slice the peaches into even-sized pieces and add to a bowl.
- Add cornstarch, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and cubed butter to the peaches and mix until well combined.
Assemble Peach Pie-
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the pie filling along with all the juices into the pie dish and top with the second pie crust and crimp the edges to seal.
- Brush the topping with egg wash and top with coarse sugar.
- Cover the pie with foil and bake the pie at 375°F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the pie and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden and crispy.
- Remove the peach pie from the oven and allow to cool for atleast 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream of whipped cream.