Homemade sweet peach tea is so easy to make. The fresh peaches add so much flavor to the tea and if served with ice, it’s the ultimate summer drink.
Whenever I think of peaches, I automatically think of Peach Cobbler and my favorite Peach Bellini from Olive Garden. This copycat recipe was inspired by that tea and it’s SO GOOD!
Peach tea recipe-
If you enjoy cold tea during the summer months, you will love this tea recipe. Black tea steeped with fresh peaches makes for the BEST homemade peach tea.
How do you properly steep tea?
The time for steeping the tea bags (or tea leaves) will depend on your personal preference and how strong you want the tea but here is a general guide. If you like your tea bitter and strong, steep the tea for a few minutes longer than indicated.
- Black tea bag– Steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Green tea bag– Steep for 3-4 minutes.
NOTE: If you use tea leaves, we use this to steep the leaves in the pot with the peaches.
How to make Homemade Peach Tea?
Though you can make a tea syrup where you just add water to the syrup, I prefer this method of making homemade tea. It gives the tea its Southern taste and that’s the best kind of tea.
- Pit the peaches and mash with a masher or cut into small cubes.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add the peaches with juices, honey, and tea bags.
- Steep for 4-5 minutes. Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the tea and peaches. TIP: I press down on the tea and peaches to get all the juices out once strained. Discard everything in the strainer.
- Transfer tea to a pitcher and keep refrigerated.
- Serve with ice.
Can I use frozen peaches?
Yes! Frozen peaches will work just great. Don’t thaw them, just add them frozen into the pot of water.
How long will homemade tea last?
You can keep the drink refrigerated up to four days.
|Add the ice to the tea when serving and not when adding to the fridge.|
This drink will become a summertime favorite! You can serve the drink with slices of fresh peaches or lemon.
OTHER DRINKS TO ENJOY:
- Peach Lemonade- sparkling lemonade.
- Apple Cider- perfect for fall.
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie- summertime favorite.