This Banana Nut Bread Recipe is going to change your life. A very moist and delicious banana bread recipe with walnuts. With step-by-step photo instructions, it’s a foolproof recipe. The buttermilk gives it moistness and the bread doesn’t taste dry.
PIN this to your Dessert Board HERE!
How to make the BEST Banana Nut Bread Recipe-
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Mash bananas. TIP: I don’t mash them to a puree because we like little chunks of banana here and there. Mash bananas to desired personal consistency.
- TIP: If you don’t have buttermilk, you can substitute buttermilk by combining 1/4 cup sour cream with 1 tsp vinegar.
How often do you have bananas that are going bad? This is why I love making banana bread. It takes care of those bananas. You then add a few other ingredients that you most likely already have in on hand and you have yourself a beautiful banana bread loaf.
Add walnuts or pecans to the bread if desired. Leave them out if nuts aren’t for you.
Adding dried fruit-
Add raisins, craisins, cherries or any other dried fruit to the bread if your family will enjoy the added flavors.
Tools used to make this moist Banana Bread Recipe:
- Bread Pans-The bread pans we use for all of our bread recipes.
- Parchment Paper-For easier removal from bread pans.
- Hand Blender-Great way to chop the nuts!
If you try making this bread I would love to see your results. Tag me on Facebook or Instagram. Thank you, thank you. 🙂 🙂 @valentinascorner #valentinascorner
Other great bread recipes to try:
- Best Lemon Blueberry Cake Loaf– Cake loaf with blueberries and a hint of lemon!
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread– Banana bread with chocolate and raspberries.
- The Best Cranberry Orange Bread– A citrus cake loaf with cranberries.
Moist banana bread with walnuts, dried fruits, and chocolate chips.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried fruit
- 1 tsp powdered sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a small bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs about 2 minutes.
With a fork mash the bananas. Add bananas, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla to sugar/egg bowl. Give it a quick mix.
Add flour mixture and mix.
Chop walnuts (they can be toasted on a dry pan for extra crunchiness if desired). Chop dried fruit. Add the dried fruit and walnuts to the rest of the ingredients and mix with a spatula or spoon.
Pour mixture into loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn heat down to 325°F and bake another 25-30 minutes.
Remove bread from the oven. Cool about 10 minutes and remove from loaf pan. Let the loaf cool completely.
Melt chocolate. Add chocolate to Ziploc bag. Once bread loaf completely cools dust top of loaf with powdered sugar. Snip off a small corner of the Ziploc bag and decorate bread loaf. Adding chocolate gives it a beautiful look and adds a wonderful chocolatey taste and doesn’t that just sound wonderful?.