The BEST Banana Pecan Bread recipe that makes for a great sweet bread! Soft and moist banana bread loaded with pecans, drizzled with a sweet glaze.
A delicious and easy sweet bread loaf recipe and just as popular as our Apple Bread.
BANANA PECAN RECIPE-
This moist pecan banana bread combined with the sweet glaze brings this loaf to a whole new level! The bread loaf is loaded with bananas and pecans, SO GOOD! Aside from our Classic Banana Bread, this is one of our favorite banana bread recipes.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA PECAN BREAD-
You are going to LOVE how easy this pecan bread comes together! If you use a pan that is larger or smaller than the indicated size, please note the bake time will be different.
- PREP– Line a 9”x5” bread loaf with parchment paper.
- DRY INGREDIENTS– In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- WET INGREDIENTS– Cream together sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Add in the mashed bananas, sour cream, vinegar, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and beat to combine.
- COMBINE– Fold in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently fold with a spatula to combine. Add in the chopped pecans and fold with a spatula to combine.
- BAKE– Add batter to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden and fully cooked.
- GLAZE– Meanwhile, prepare the rich glaze.
- DRIZZLE– Cool the bread loaf and then drizzle with the homemade maple glaze.
- Slice and serve.
NOTE: If you have buttermilk on hand, the sour cream and vinegar may be substituted for 1/4 cup buttermilk.
HOW TO MAKE THE SWEET GLAZE-
This maple glaze is so amazing! You’re going to just lick it with your fingers right out of the bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar, butter and vanilla. Cook until melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the heavy whipping cream.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and whisk until the glaze is a thick consistency.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! You can use walnuts, hazelnuts, or a mixture of different nuts.
The BEST way to keep your loaf soft and moist for several days is to keep it tightly sealed in a bag or in an airtight container.
You can check the internal temp with a thermometer, the center of the loaf should be between 200°F-205°F. Or, if a toothpick is inserted into the center of the bread, it will come out clean.
Yes, this pecan banana bread may be frozen. To freeze, completely cool the bread loaf. Wrap the bread in plastic wrap, then in foil. Freeze the bread for up to 2 months.
Thaw bread at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Reheat bread if warm bread is desired.
This loaf will last for about 3 days at room temp, or up to 5 days if stored in the fridge.
Yes, just add the batter to muffin liners and bake at 355°F for about 18-20 minutes.
MORE SWEET BREADS-
- Banana Carrot Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Bread
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Moist Banana Bread
Banana Pecan Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans décor
prepare banana pecan bread-
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- With a fork, mash the bananas. Add bananas, sour cream, vinegar, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla to sugar/egg bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix. Fold in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Pour mixture into the bread pan. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the loaf.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn heat down to 325°F and bake another 25-30 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven. Cool slightly and remove from pan. Allow the loaf to cool completely on a cooling rack.
prepare the glaze-
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and mix together until the glaze thickens.
- Once bread loaf is cooled, drizzle the glaze over bread loaf, or just spread generously over the bread.
- Enjoy, friends.