This Banana Pecan Bread Recipe is something between a coffee cake and a quick sweet bread loaf. Super soft and moist bread packed with bananas and pecans. Topped with a maple glaze taking this bread over the top.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
banana pecan bread-
Banana bread is the best way to use overripe bananas and the riper the banana the more moist the banana bread loaf will be. This banana bread recipe with pecans is amazing in itself. However, the added maple glaze drizzled over the bread is like the icing on top of a really good cake. Just finger licking delicious!
how to make pecan banana bread-
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl beat the sugar with eggs until creamy, this adds more of a cake-like texture to the banana bread.
- With a fork, mash the bananas. TIP: If you want to taste chunks of the bananas, don’t mash the bananas until creamy, leaving chunks of the banana.
- Add the mashed bananas with sour cream, oil and vanilla to the creamy egg mixture.
- Fold in the flour. Add half of the flour, mix with a spatula. Add remaining flour and mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into a prepared bread pan. Top with more pecans.
- Bake the banana bread until the top of the bread is golden.
NOTE: If you have buttermilk on hand, the sour cream and vinegar may be substituted for 1/4 cup buttermilk.
can I use walnuts instead?
Yes, the pecans may be substituted for walnuts, if desired.
how to make the maple glaze-
This maple glaze is so amazing! You’re going to just lick it with your fingers right out of the bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt together the sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cream.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and whisk until the glaze is a thick consistency.
can I freeze pecan banana bread?
Yes, this pecan banana bread may be frozen. To freeze, completely cool the bread loaf. Wrap the bread in plastic wrap, then in foil. Freeze the bread for up to 2 months.
Thaw bread at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Reheat bread if warm bread is desired.
TIP: The easy banana bread may be sliced and frozen in individual slices. Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and foil and place into a freezer bag. Take out as many slices as needed and thaw to enjoy. Reheat in the microwave or oven for warm bread slices.
I hope you enjoyed this Banana Bread Recipe with Pecans. Please comment below with your feedback if you make the bread – we love to hear from you. 🙂
Try these other BREAD recipes:
Banana Pecan Bread
Prepare banana pecan bread-
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover 9"x5" bread pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- With a fork, mash the bananas. Add bananas, sour cream, maple syrup, vinegar, oil, and vanilla to sugar/egg bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix. Fold in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Pour mixture into the bread pan. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the loaf.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn heat down to 325°F and bake another 25-30 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven. Cool slightly and remove from pan. Allow the loaf to cool completely.
Prepare the glaze-
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a light simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and mix. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the powdered sugar and mix together until the glaze thickens.
- Once bread loaf is cooled, drizzle the glaze over bread loaf, or just spread generously over the bread.
- Enjoy, friends.