A quick and EASY Tiramisu Cake with Mascarpone Cream. The no-bake layered dessert is completely ready in 30 minutes and tastes just like the authentic Italian Tiramisu you’d get at a fancy cafe!
Layers of ladyfingers infused with coffee and delicate and rich cream topped with cocoa powder.
Though I love layered cakes like our Russian Chocolate Spartak, unfortunately, it’s quite time-consuming. That’s why we just absolutely love no-bake desserts.
tiramisu cake recipe-
A Tiramisu Cake is an Italian dessert with ladyfingers soaked in strong coffee (or liqueur), layered in a rich mascarpone cream and generously dusted with cocoa.
Our no-bake cake version takes just 30 minutes to prepare the cake. This easy method tastes just like the traditional dessert, it just doesn’t have a custard cream and no raw eggs.
how to make the BEST tiramisu cake-
This Tiramisu recipe comes together so quickly. Read through the instructions and have everything prepped before you begin assembling the cake.
- Prepare the cream. Mix together the cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until medium peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the remaining ingredients gently fold with a spatula until combined. Refrigerate the cream.
- Prepare coffee for soaking. Add strong cooled coffee into a deep bowl, it must be COOLED coffee and not warm or hot.
- Prepare pan. Place the springform pan without the bottom onto your serving cake stand. Add a strip of parchment paper around the side of the springform pan and close the pan.
- Assemble cake. Quickly dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and create a layer. Add some of the cream and spread. Repeat with the remaining two layers and cream. TIP: You want to make sure to leave enough cream to pipe and decorate the top of the cake.
- Decorate cake. Take the remaining cream and add to a piping bag, pipe desired design on top of the cake. Options: You can pipe the cream to the center of the cake, around the edges or even on one side of the cake.
- Refrigerate cake. Refrigerate the cake 2-4 hours. Remove the rim from the cake, carefully peel off the parchment paper. Dust cake with cocoa powdered and serve. TIP: The key to a beautifully decorated cake is generously dusting the top with cocoa powder, just go for it – no holding back!
tips when making homemade tiramisu-
Since you aren’t baking the cake layers, there’s not really much that can go wrong in preparing a classic Tiramisu cake, especially this one since there is no baking involved. However, here are a few tips to ensure success in making and storing the cake.
- Ladyfingers- Don’t SOAK the ladyfingers too long. You just want to dip quickly and remove, one at a time. If you keep them too long, they’ll taste wet and soggy (unless that’s the taste you are looking for).
- How to store the Tiramisu? Because of the cream and the soaked ladyfingers, the cake must be refrigerated.
- How long will tiramisu last? Tiramisu is best if eaten within 2 days. The ladyfingers start to get wetter the longer it sits. Since there are no raw eggs in the frosting, the cake can even be refrigerated for 3 days.
- Substitute for coffee? We just used strong homebrewed coffee. If you want a really strong flavor, add liqueur or rum to the coffee for added flavor.
- Where do I purchase the ladyfingers? You can find the ladyfingers in most grocery stores in the baking aisle. You can also just order is ONLINE.
- How to freeze Tiramisu cake? Freeze any leftover cake tightly wrapped. To enjoy, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
I hope you are inspired to make the Italian dessert after reading how quick it is to prepare the cake. Enjoy the wonderful balance of flavors the homemade cake has to offer from the comfort of home. You’ll never order Tiramisu at the restaurant after you try this version of the cake, you’re welcome!
OTHER FAVORITE DESSERTS TO TRY-
Easy Tiramisu Cake with Mascarpone Cream
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temp (2 packages)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temp
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar, see note
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 packs ladyfingers (7 oz each pack)
- 1 cup strong coffee
- cocoa powder, dusting
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and mascarpone cheese until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until medium peaks form. Add to the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in with a spatula and refrigerate the cake.
- Line the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper add the springform pan (WITHOUT THE BOTTOM) to your cake stand.
- Quickly dip the ladyfingers into the coffee and create an even layer in the pan, lightly cover with cream. Repeat with the remaining two layers, leaving enough cream to pipe the top for decor. You will have 3 layers of ladyfingers and cream between each layer.
- Add remaining frosting to a piping bag and pipe desired design on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake at least two hours.
- Remove the springform pan from cake and carefully remove the parchment paper. Generously dust the cake with cocoa powder.