This Berries Cheesecake Puff Pastry Tart is the easiest dessert you can serve your family or guests. It’s the perfect dessert when you are short on time but still want a WOW factor. Pastry sheets with a mascarpone cheesecake filling and topped with your favorite berries. The perfect combination of flavors.
This is a wonderful dessert to serve for the Holidays!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Berries Cheesecake Puff Pastry Tart-
Fresh berries with a cheesecake filling is always a great combination. When topped over flakey, airy crunchy pastry sheets – it’s a dessert made in heaven. No one will guess how easy it is to make the dessert.
Puff Pastry Desserts-
The inspiration for this tart came from our Pastry Wreath with Berries. It’s a beautiful wreath to make, especially around the holidays. This is a simpler version of that recipe and uses a mascarpone cream.
How to make a Pastry Tart-
- Shape and bake the pastry sheets which are the base of the tart.
- Prepare the light cream cheese with mascarpone filling.
- Once the tart is baked, it will puff up. Allow to slightly cool, then push the center of the tart down allowing room for cream.
- Top tart with favorite berries.
What kind of berries can I use for the tart-
You can use any berries you have on hand. I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. I’ve tried the tart with just raspberries and it was great. Strawberries alone are great as well. Use whatever your favorite combination is and enjoy the tart.
Can I make the tart in advance?
Yes! You can bake the pastry tart a day in advance, keep covered. The cream may also be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated. Then, just add the cream to the tart and top with berries before serving.
If you make this Berries Cheesecake Puff Pastry Tart, please share your creations with us. Don’t forget to tag us on social media #ValentinasCorner. Seeing your creations makes me so happy!
TRY THESE OTHER DESSERTS:
- Cherry Cheesecake Buns– One of my biggest weakness.
- Pastry Triangles– So easy to make.
- No Bake Goodness– No baking required.
Berries Cheesecake Puff Pastry Tart
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place thawed pastry sheet onto a baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, score a rectangle around the edges of the pastry sheet, about ½” - ¾” from the edge, don’t cut all the way through. Generously poke the middle of the pastry with a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes until pastry sheet is golden (don’t open the oven mid-baking).
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream. Beat together the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the heavy whipping cream gently into the bowl with cream cheese.
- Once the pastry tart cools, push down the center part tart making room for cream. Add the cream to the middle portion of the tart.
- Add your favorite berries. Repeat with the second tart.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate.