These EASY Oreo Balls are the ultimate no-bake cookie! The dessert is made with only three simple ingredients and you can have these oreo balls ready in just 40 minutes.
All you need to make these delicious no-bake oreo balls (oreo truffles) is a pack of oreos, cream cheese, and melted chocolate (white or milk chocolate). Every bite is loaded with chocolate and creamy oreo mixture, the perfect treat for any occasion! They are especially fun for the holidays, showers and birthdays.
HOW TO MAKE OREO BALLS-
- Start by crushing the cookies– In a food processor or blender crush the entire pack of oreos until very coarse. Set aside about 3 Tbsps of crumbs for decor.
- Beat in cream cheese– Add the softened cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- Shape the balls– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and shape 24 even-sized balls, and place onto parchment paper. (TIP: Be sure to line the baking dish or tray with parchment paper or the balls will stick and be hard to remove.)
- Freeze cookies– Freeze the oreo cream cheese bites for about 20 minutes, until completely set.
- Melt– Meanwhile, melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate either with the stovetop or microwave method.
- Dip– Dip the oreo balls with a fork or dipping tools into the chocolate and fully cover, place back onto the baking sheet, and top with drizzle or crushed oreos.
- Refrigerate– Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens and enjoy!
HOW DO I MELT MY CHOCOLATE?
To get the best-melted chocolate you want to use fancier chocolate or special melting chocolate. We like to use Ghirardelli melting wafers for the BEST results. Be careful to watch your chocolate or it will burn and turn hard.
- Microwave method– If you have a feature on your microwave to melt chocolate, use that. If not, stir chocolate about every 30 seconds until it melts, this will prevent the chocolate from being scorched.
- Stovetop method– Fill a saucepan with water about 1/4 of the way full. Place a large glass bowl over the water and fill with chocolate. Cook over medium heat, continually stirring until chocolate melts. TIP: Do not let the bowl touch the water as it’s boiling, there must be space between the two.
|Pro TIP: As you are dredging the oreo balls in the chocolate, if you notice that your chocolate starts to thicken and is hard to work with, simply reheat the chocolate.|
How to store oreo cheesecake balls-
- REFRIGERATED: You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks!
- FREEZE: Freeze the oreo bites for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Allow them to defrost in the fridge and serve.
Can I substitute cream cheese in my oreo bites?
YES, if you want to use something other than cream cheese you can use:
- Cake frosting, vanilla or chocolate
- Marshmallow puff
- Creamy peanut butter
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
OREO TRUFFLE TOPPINGS-
If you want more than just chocolate on the truffles, you can add these toppings once you dip the balls into the chocolate. Add the toppings before the chocolate hardens:
- Crushed nuts
- Crushed the candy canes
- Crushed cereal
- Cookie crumbs
- Coarse sugar
These oreo truffles are so fun to make with the kids, especially around the holidays.