This is the easiest recipe for homemade No Knead Bread! With just 5 ingredients, you can have yourself a no-knead white bread recipe.
Nothing beats the smell of fresh homemade bread baking. The simplicity of this recipe will make you love white bread even more! Whether you are a novice or expert in bread making, this recipe will sure win you over.
Crispy crust with a soft center with the simplest method of preparation.
Ingredients for No-Knead Bread-
I love that this bread recipe uses staple kitchen ingredients.
- Water– You want to use warm water, about 110°F.
- Yeast– I highly recommend using active dry yeast for this recipe.
- Salt– Salt is what gives flavor to the bread.
- Sugar– Any granulated sugar will work, don’t skip the sugar.
- Flour– Though you can use just about an all-purpose flour for this bread, we highly recommend you use a high-quality flour.
How to make No-Knead Bread-
- Sift flour- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and create a well in the center of the flour.
- Activate yeast– Add the warm water, salt, sugar, and yeast into the well. Gently stir. Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the yeast to activate and become foamy for about 5 minutes.
- Mix dough– Mix together all of the ingredients until well incorporated. Cover the dough with a towel and allow the dough to rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Shape bread– With floured hands, shape the bread loaf into an oven shape, dust the loaf with flour. Set aside to rise for another hour. Right before baking, score the top of the bread loaf 3-4 times with a sharp knife.
- Prepare the oven– Add 2 cups of hot water to a 9×13 baking pan (don’t use a glass dish) and place it on the bottom rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Bake bread– Bake the bread until the crust is crispy and golden in color.
You can easily freeze the bread for up to 3 months and it will keep fresh at room temperature 3-4 days.
This bread is great with fresh butter, toasted for breakfast or bread slicer for a sandwich. You can also heat the bread slicer for a few seconds before serving for warm bread.
Other easy bread recipes to try:
- Homemade White Bread– classic white bread loaf.
- Breadsticks– better than Olive Garden.
- Crispy Italian Bread– with the best dip.
- Bagels– you’ll never buy bagels again!
No Knead Bread Recipe
- Mix the dough until fully combined and cover the dough and let rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and add water to a pan and add to the bottom rack of the oven.
- Add the bread loaf to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is crispy.