This classic Biscuits and Gravy Recipe is everything you could ask for in a hearty breakfast! Flaky homemade biscuits topped with a delicious meaty and creamy gravy even the picky eaters will approve of!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Enjoy the video for this easy recipe and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel.
biscuits and gravy recipe-
When you think of Southern comfort food recipes, what comes to mind? For us, it’s freshly baked biscuits and a large order of meaty sausage gravy that’s oh so creamy. So.. We bring you comfort food at it’s finest.
Not only are the homemade biscuits irresistibly delicious, but the gravy, made from scratch literally takes like 10 minutes to make and it’s so good! Biscuits and gravy is our kids’ absolute favorite breakfast and for a good reason.
how to make the best biscuits and gravy-
This is a complete 30-minute breakfast if you prepare the biscuits, then, as the biscuits are baking, prepare the gravy. The meal comes together so easily!
BISCUITS- Prepare and bake the homemade biscuits using THIS recipe.
GRAVY- Saute sausage until browned, breaking up the meat as it’s cooked. Stir in the chicken broth with heavy whipping cream, flour and butter. Turn heat down to medium/low and cook until the gravy thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste (add in any other seasonings, if desired, depending on the sausage you use).
what kind of sausage is used in biscuits and gravy-
You can use your favorite sausage: pork sausage, breakfast sausage or Italian sausage will all work great for breakfast sausage gravy,
how to reheat biscuits and gravy-
Reheat biscuits- in the microwave or wrapped in foil in the oven until warm.
Reheat gravy- in a skillet adding warm water if the gravy is too thick.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s seriously one of our family’s most favorite breakfasts so enjoy it as if we were sitting with you all (with coffee or hot tea, of course) :).
try these other amazing breakfast recipes:
- Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders– great for parties.
- Stuffed French Toast– it’s like having cheesecake for breakfast.
- Breakfast Casserole– complete one-pan meal.
- Bacon Spinach Omelette– a healthier breakfast.
Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
- 1 biscuits recipe
- 16 oz sausage (pork, Italian or breakfast)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Prepare biscuits per recipe and bake.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gravy. In a skillet, cook the sausage until fully cooked, breaking up the meat as it's cooked.
- Stir in the broth, heavy whipping cream, butter, flour and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, cook until the gravy thickens.
- Serve gravy over fresh biscuits.