Absolutely delicious baked Sheet Pan Pancakes made with a soft and fluffy pancake batter and topped with a variety of toppings that you can personalize.
The sheet pancakes are a great alternative to Classic Pancakes when you are serving a crowd.
SHEET PAN PANCAKES-
These sheet pancakes are so fun and easy to make! All you need to do is just pour the pancake batter onto the baking sheet and top with your choice of toppings and bake, so easy!
We love this pancake recipe during busy mornings or over the weekend. They are that perfect brunch recipe idea.
- Flour – you want to use good quality all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder – rises the batter and gives it that fluffiness.
- Milk – whole milk or 2% will work great in the batter.
- Sugar – granulated sugar as a sweetener!
- Sour cream – keeps the batter moist.
- Eggs – act as a binding agent for the batter.
- Vanilla – added flavor.
- Butter – cooled melted butter keeps the batter moist.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PANCAKES-
This recipe comes together so quickly, you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
- Prep– Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a 18”x13” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Dry ingredients– In a large bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Wet ingredients– In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Combine– Fold in the dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
- Transfer to sheet– Pour the pancake batter into the prepared baking sheet.
- Add toppings– Top the desired toppings and bake until cooked through.
- Serve– Slice and serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
VARIATIONS & TOPPING IDEAS-
There are so many different toppings to add to your batter before baking for the ultimate sheet of pancakes! Here are some of our favorite sheet pancake variations-
- Plain– Just keep the sheep pancakes plain and add toppings when serving.
- Fruit– You can top with mixed berries or just a fruit of your choice. We love adding strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Strawberries and nutella– Add sliced strawberries then drizzle with nutella!
- Chocolate chips– Top the batter with chocolate chip morsels, we love adding mini morsels, milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate or even dark chocolate.
- Blueberries & cream– Combine cream cheese with lemon and drizzle over the batter and top with blueberries for the ultimate berries and cream flavor.
- Banana– Just keep it simple and add sliced bananas for banana flavored pancakes.
- Chocolate & peanut butter– Drizzle peanut butter and chocolate all over the batter for the ultimate flavors!
The flavor variations are endless for these sheet pancakes! We enjoy adding different toppings so everyone gets a favorite. Just divide the sheet into sections and then add different variations in each section.
Slice the sheet of pancakes and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- Fruit– Top with your favorite fruits such as bananas, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.
- Whipped cream– What are pancakes without whipped cream, a must!
- Jam– Any jam will work.
- Sugar– Dust with powdered sugar for extra sweetness.
- Syrup– Drizzle with the classic maple syrup or even flavor syrups like chocolate or caramel syrup.
Serve these pancakes with a side of crispy bacon and serve in a Charcuterie Board Style for the ultimate breakfast!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Nope, we use parchment paper. However, you can just butter the pan and skip the parchment paper.
Slice the pancakes and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Yes! You can freeze these pancakes, slice the cooled pancakes and wrap individually in plastic wrap and then place them into freezer bags. Freeze for up to 2 months. Just defrost to enjoy.
Yes, follow the box instructions and then top with desired variations and bake until cooked.
For the perfect pancakes use an 18”x13” sheet pan!
If you want thicker pancakes, use a 9×13 baking pan with taller edges for thicker pancakes. The bake time will be longer.
Yes, you can use frozen bananas instead of fresh ones!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES-
We share all of our favorite breakfast recipes in a recent Roundup (VLINK), there is definitely something everyone will enjoy. Here are some of our favorites:
- Potato Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- Zucchini Pancakes
- One Sheet Breakfast Potatoes
Baked Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip morsels
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large banana sliced
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line an 18”x13” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and butter.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Then, pour the pancake batter into the prepared baking sheet.
- Top the pancake batter with the different toppings.
- Bake at 425°F for about 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Slice and serve with desired toppings and enjoy!