Amazing Easy Pancake Recipe! These fluffy pancakes turn out perfect and use ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry. Make these homemade pancakes from scratch and get the approval of everyone in the family.
Try these other breakfast recipes: Ricotta Pancakes, the amazing Crepes with a Blueberry Sauce or the Pumpkin Spice French Toast.
easy pancake recipe-
These quick and easy pancakes from scratch are fluffy and airy and come out perfect every time! The center is so soft and doesn’t taste mushy or undercooked. Once you give this fluffy pancake recipe a try, you’ll never purchase store-bought pancake mix again.
how to make easy pancake recipe-
Making these fluffy pancakes is really easy and hassle-free. Sharing all the tips and secrets to the best pancake recipe!
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Then combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix until flour is incorporated.
- Don’t overbeat the pancake batter. The batter should be smooth but will still have some lumps. Overbeating the batter will overdevelop gluten resulting in a flat and tough pancake.
- Allow pancake batter to rest a few minutes after mixing the batter, allowing the gluten that was activated time to rest.
- Be sure the skillet isn’t too hot. Heat the skillet then turn down to medium heat. Medium heat will allow the pancake to cook through and not burn the pancake.
- A combination of butter and oil for greasing the pan results in best pancakes.
- Don’t flip pancakes frequently. Once tops of pancakes start to bubble and burst, the pancake is ready to be flipped.
- Clean the skillet after EACH batch! This will save you from burnt pancakes.
- NOTE: A GRIDDLE works great for making pancakes.
- NOTE: If you are making pancakes for an event and want uniform pancakes, this pancake mold is perfect for this purpose.
how to serve pancakes?
The classic way to serve pancakes is with butter and syrup (Maple or classic). Fresh berries of choice, whipped cream, Nutella with bananas, pecans and maple syrup or even chocolate syrup are all great options as toppings for pancakes.
The pancakes can also be stuffed with so many different variations! Here are some of our favorite options:
- chocolate chip morsels
- mixed berries cubed (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- blueberries with lemon
how to freeze pancakes?
- Pancakes are wonderful to freeze for busy mornings or lazy dinners. Once pancakes cool, transfer them to a freezer bag and freeze. REHEATING FROZEN PANCAKES: To reheat pancakes, thaw completely, reheat in a skillet on low heat.
I hope you enjoyed this easy pancake recipe! Don’t forget to leave us feedback below and tag us on social media, #ValentinasCorner. We love to see your creations. 🙂
Easy Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp canola oil, divided, for cooking
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided, for cooking
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Create a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp butter and a 1 tsp oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour batter into skillet. Don’t overcrowd the pan (I cook the pancakes in two batches).
- Clean skillet with a paper towel and repeat cooking process.