The ultimate Homemade Banana Pancakes Recipe! The pancakes are sweet, light, fluffy, and loaded with bananas!
These easy pancakes are great for breakfast or even dessert.
What better way to start the day than with homemade pancakes? From the Classic Pancake recipe or the flavored Pumpkin Pancakes or the sweet Ricotta pancakes, you can’t go wrong with pancakes for breakfast.
These fluffy and easy banana pancakes are so good and loved by everyone! I love to make these pancakes when we have ripe banana pancakes on the counter. The fluffy and sweet pancakes topped with syrup are the best for breakfast and loved by kids and adults alike.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA PANCAKES-
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk, oil, and mashed bananas in a separate bowl. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. (TIP: DON’T over mix, the mixture should be thick and lumpy.)
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter, and using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop 4 pancakes and cook over medium heat.
- Once the batter begins to bubble the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Cook until the center is cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with desired toppings and serve.
BANANA PANCAKE TOPPING IDEAS-
Who doesn’t love a fancy pancake breakfast!? We love serving these pancake charcuterie style with different toppings such as:
- Fresh Fruit
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chip morsels
- Banana slices
- Chocolate syrup
- Peanut butter
- Classic maple syrup
- Almond butter
TIPS for the perfect pancakes-
- COOKING THE PANCAKES– The best way to cook pancakes is on a griddle or a nonstick skillet. Be sure to grease with butter or oil to grease the pan.
- BAKE TIME– Once the pancakes start to bubble, that is when they are ready to flip. If you follow this you will only need to flip the pancakes once. (We LOVE this large pancake flipper for easy flipping!)
- KEEPING WARM– If you are cooking the pancakes in batches, keep the cooked pancakes in a toaster oven or in the oven at 250°F to keep warm.
- PANCAKE SHAPE– I love to use THESE pancake molds for uniform pancakes. Or just use mason jar rings. Be sure to grease them.
CAN I FREEZE BANANA PANCAKES?
The banana pancakes are GREAT to freeze! Add the cooled pancakes into a freezer bag and freeze until ready to serve.
HOW TO REHEAT FROZEN PANCAKES-
Thaw the pancakes and reheat using one of these method:
- TOASTER OVEN– In the toaster oven.
- MICROWAVE– Cook in 20-second increments until warmed.
- OVEN– Add to a baking sheet and cover with foil to bake. Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
Can I make the batter ahead of time?
You can make this pancake batter the night before and refrigerate. We love using this pancake batter dispenser, so just add the batter into the dispenser and refrigerate!