Hot Sandwiches (open-faced style) made with a variety of lunch meats with green onion, cheese, avocado and tomatoes then spread on French bread and toasted to crunchy perfection! This recipe is great for breakfast, as an appetizer, or your next party!
As a stay at home mom, some days I am not in the mood to go all out for breakfast or lunchtime just for myself and the little ones. Something quick works just fine. That’s why I just love these hot sandwiches.
Use your favorite combination of lunch meat, add tomatoes and avocado with mayo and cheese. Top mixture onto bread slices and toast. The mixture becomes hot and cheese and bread is crunchy. Such a simple recipe but SO GOOD!
can I make hot sandwiches ahead of time?
Yes, these definitely can be made ahead of time. Prepare per instruction, just add the avocado before toasting as it will brown quickly.
Keep mixture in an air tight container and refrigerated up to 2 days.
These open-faced sandwiches are a great way to use up lunch meat. You can even chop the meat and freeze it, then just thaw meat and add remaining ingredients. A great way to avoid throwing away lunch meat that hasn’t been used.
other open-faced sandwiches to try:
- Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Canapes– Chicken and mushroom combination!
- Spinach and Artichoke Canapes– Spinach and artichoke dip inspired.
- 1 lb your favorite lunch meat combination
- 2 small green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, your favorite
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- French bread or any other bread
- Preheat oven to 365°.
- Chop lunch meat. Slice green onions thin. Slice tomatoes. Cube avocado.
- Combine, lunch meat, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, mayo, garlic and freshly grated salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. (If you will not be toasting right away, do everything just don’t mix.)
- Spread mixture on bread slices. Bake 10-12 minutes, until bread is cripy.