The ULTIMATE creamy mushroom sauce will become your favorite topping! Mushrooms sautéed and cooked in a creamy flavorful sauce! Serve this sauce over chicken, steak, pork chops, potatoes and so much more!
Just like our homemade Alfredo sauce, this simple creamy mushroom sauce is a recipe you will make all the time!
CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE-
This sauce is loaded with flavors and makes for the BEST sauce! The sliced mushrooms combined with the minced garlic and parmesan cheese take this sauce over the top.
We love serving this creamy mushroom sauce over meat, potatoes as a gravy, or your favorite pasta!
What you need to make this homemade sauce-
This creamy sauce is so EASY to make and is ready in no time! Here are the basic ingredient you need for the recipe:
- Mushrooms– portabella or white mushrooms
- Butter and oil– for sauteing and richness
- Garlic– the fresh garlic adds flavor and aroma
- Heavy whipping cream– adds richness
- Broth– adds flavor
- Parmesan cheese– adds richness
- Secret ingredients– dijon and worcestershire sauce
- Season– and classic seasonings of salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM SAUCE-
- MUSHROOMS: Slice mushrooms and saute until fully cooked and browned.
- GARLIC: Add butter and garlic to the mushrooms and saute until the garlic is fragrant.
- CREAM: Add the broth, heavy whipping cream, dijon, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, and season. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the sauce thickens and top with chopped greens when serving.
The best part about this creamy sauce is that the serving options are ENDLESS! If you like mushrooms, then this sauce is for you! Here are some of our favorite way to serve this creamy sauce:
- PROTEIN– Enjoy this delicious sauce with your favorite grilled, seared, or baked proteins such as beef, pork chops, chicken, and even turkey. Just top the meat with the sauce and
- POTATO– This sauce is the ultimate topping when craving a baked potato, you can even enjoy it with creamy mashed potatoes.
- PASTA– Just cook some pasta and toss in this sauce and you have yourself a pasta dinner!
- VEGGIES– You can even top your roasted or steam veggies, such as roasted broccoli.
- BREAD– Make a batch of our homemade breadsticks and dunk away into this amazing sauce.
frequently asked questions-
We like to use either portabellas and white mushrooms.
You sure can, prepare up to one day in advance and reheat over low heat before serving.
If you like a kick to your sauce, add some hot sauce or Sriracha to taste.
Onions are a great addition to the creamy sauce. Add when sauteing mushrooms.
Chicken, beef or vegetable broth will all work.
You sure can.
I hope this mushroom sauce becomes a new favorite for your family.
OTHER MUSHROOM RECIPES:
- Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- Asparagus in Mushroom Sauce
- Bacon Mushroom Omelet
- Feta & Mushroom Pork
- Stuffed Chicken with Bacon Mushrooms
- Savory Crepes with Mushroom Filling
Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Clean the mushrooms and pat dry. Slice the mushrooms into thick, even sized slices.
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms with 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat. Saute until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes, and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the butter and minced garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, broth, parmesan cheese, dijon, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to low and simmer for about 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve over your meat or side dish.