This creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta Recipe is so addictive and ready in under 30 minutes! Tender chicken with sauteed mushrooms in a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce with rigatoni pasta.
Pin this recipe HERE! Follow Valentina’s Corner on Pinterest for more inspiration!
Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta-
Pasta dinner is a favorite of ours for comfort food. It’s easy to prepare and is so filling and satisfying. This pasta is no different. Flavorful and tender chicken breast, mushrooms and a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce with rigatoni pasta.
The secret to this recipe is the hot sauce that’s added to the sauce. It gives the pasta a bit of a kick but isn’t overpowering at all. Just the right amount of spice to make the pasta stand out and be original.
How to make Chicken Pasta-
This pasta is a great option to prepare and serve if you are looking for a quick dinner with minimal work. This dinner will make you feel like you’re in a fancy Italian restaurant for a fraction of the price.
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, season and cook chicken breast.
- Saute mushrooms. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and chicken to the skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients for cream. (TIP: Try the sauce, add more hot sauce for a spicier pasta.)
- Drain pasta and add to skillet with remaining ingredients.
- Simmer and serve.
If you are looking for a non-stick cooking skillet, THIS one is great and has a lid!
Can I use a different pasta-
Though rigatoni is my favorite choice of pasta for this recipe, you can substitute for rotini or penne pasta if that is all you have on hand.
What kind of sun-dried tomatoes-
Any canned sun-dried tomatoes in oil will work. Be sure it is canned and you aren’t using the dry tomatoes. Dry tomatoes will be hard and unpleasant.
What kind of mushrooms-
For this recipe, we used white mushrooms. However, portabello mushrooms also work wonderful and give the pasta more flavor!
Can I reheat the Creamy Chicken Pasta?
This chicken pasta is great if served as leftovers. Melt butter in a skillet and reheat pasta. You may need to add some heavy whipping cream and seasoning if the pasta is too dry.
Try these other PASTA recipes-
- Chicken Scampi Recipe– an Olive Garden CopyCat recipe.
- Pasta and Meat in Skillet Recipe– So quick and easy.
- Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo– Classic Alfredo recipe.
Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 6 oz rotini pasta, uncooked
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced (see Note)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained & finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- Cook pasta per instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for chicken seasoning in a small bowl.
- Lightly beat chicken breast with a meat mallet so the breasts are even in thickness. Season chicken breasts on both sides.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes. The chicken will become tender.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Once chicken cools a bit, slice into thin strands or cube.
- In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom with 1 Tbsp butter, lightly season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, 3 Tbsp butter and sliced chicken to mushrooms, cook for another minute.
- Drain and finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and mix well.
- Add flour, stirring vigorously.
- Add broth, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, hot sauce and seasonings for the cream. Stir until well incorporated and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, continue stirring as needed.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, mix and bring to a simmer, cook another minute.
- Serve immediately.