Absolutely delicious Caprese Bruschetta Recipe that makes for the BEST appetizer! Crispy crostini topped with cheese, tomatoes, and fresh basil drizzled with our homemade balsamic glaze. You can’t go wrong with this delicious appetizer.
CAPRESE BRUSCHETTA –
Toasted and crispy homemade Crostini topped with a combination of tomatoes, mozzarella balls and basil, this delicious bruschetta caprese is so delicious.
We love serving this easy appetizer for any occasion. For holidays, parties, or even for lunch, you cannot go wrong with this recipe.
- Crostini– We use our homemade crostini for this recipe!
- Tomato– You want to use ripe tomatoes that are red and juicy! We love using Roma, heirloom, garden, and cherry tomatoes for this recipe.
- Mozzarella– We use fresh mozzarella cheese balls for this recipe, but you can also use a large ball and cube it into small pieces.
- Basil– Freshly chopped basil is the KEY to the perfect caprese!
- Garlic– Freshly minced garlic is used for added flavor.
- Seasoning– To season, we use Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Oil– Olive oil works best for this appetizer.
- Balsamic glaze– We use our homemade balsamic glaze to drizzle, but you can also use a store-bought glaze.
HOW TO MAKE CAPRESE BRUSCHETTA-
- Crostini– Prepare a portion of crostini.
- Caprese– In a bowl, combine the cubed tomatoes, mozzarella balls, chopped basil, minced garlic, seasoning and oil. (TIP– Allow the salad to marinate for at least 15 minutes before adding to the crostini.)
- Assemble– Add the tomato mixture onto your crostini, top with extra fresh basil leaves glaze, and serve.
- Enjoy, friends!
The variations for this recipe are endless! Here are some of our favorite ways to level up this dish:
- Balsamic– We like adding balsamic vinegar along with the oil for a kick in the caprese.
- Avocado– Add avocado to the mixture for added flavors.
- Meat– Add chopped chicken to the salad mixture for a heartier dish.
- Fruit– During the summertime, this dish is excellent with added fruit such as peaches, strawberries, or watermelon.
- Spicy– Spice up this dish by adding red pepper flakes to the seasoning.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! Make the caprese salad and crostini ahead of time and assemble them when ready to serve.
This dish is BEST when fresh, especially if already assembled. You can store the salad mixture in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Yes, we love adding finely chopped red onion to this dish for extra flavor.
No, if you don’t like crunchy crostini, you can use toasted bread or bagel crisps.
Yes! Just make a batch of homemade croutons instead of crostini toss in the caprese salad and serve right away!