This Margherita Pizza Toast Recipe is the best combination of flavors. Everything you can ask for in a Margherita Pizza but as a toast and ready in just 10 minutes.
This recipe is the ULTIMATE toast.
margherita pizza toast-
When a slice of bread is browned by exposure to heat it turns into toast, America’s favorite form of bread for breakfast. This recipe takes toast to a whole new level. You can enjoy this recipe for breakfast, lunch, or a lazy dinner. Yes, it is that amazing.
Thick slices of bread topped with cheese and tomato slices and toasted until the cheese melts and the tomatoes release juices. Add fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
The recipe kind of reminds you of a Caprese Salad as well and what’s not to love about a Caprese Salad?!
If you follow us on social media, you see me posting this recipe ALL THE TIME in my stories. Yes, I have it like twice a week – it’s that delicious.
Other than the fresh basil, all the ingredients are always on hand and so easy to throw together, yet it feels like you’re at a fancy restaurant.
There aren’t too many recipes that can truly be enjoyed all day long and this is one of them. Once you try the recipe, you’ll understand why I love the recipe so much.
How to make Margherita Pizza Toast-
This recipe is so simple and so easy! The combination of toasted fresh bread with melted cheese, tomato, fresh basil, and balsamic glaze is something to be tried. And the best part, it’s SO EASY to make.
- Cut bread slices into thick slices.
- Top bread slices with fresh mozzarella and provolone cheese. TIP: If you don’t have fresh mozzarella, any mozzarella cheese will work.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into slices. TIP: You can use any tomatoes you have on hand.
- Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until bread is crispy and cheese melts.
- Top with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Enjoy, and repeat. And repeat again.
I don’t say this too often, but, I will about this recipe. This toast is a MUST TRY, it will become a favorite.
Other breakfast favorites:
- Breakfast Burritos– freezer-friendly recipe.
- Crepes Recipe– a classic favorite.
- Breakfast sandwich– with an option for everyone.
- Monte Cristo– loved by kids.
- Breakfast Croissant– with an irresistible sauce.
Margherita Pizza Toast Recipe
- Top the sliced bread with the provolone cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices and add to the toast.
- Drizzle the bread with oil and top with the Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Bake the toast at 375°F until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes. Top with fresh chopped basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.