Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe! Chicken breast dredged in a seasoned egg mixture then coated generously in parmesan cheese and cooked until the crust is crispy and the chicken juicy and tender.
Easy chicken dinner recipes are a must for every cook. From our quick Skillet Chicken to Olive Garden’s copycat Chicken Carbonara, the baked Chicken Thighs and our Chicken Quinoa Bowl – chicken is so versatile.
How to make easy parmesan crusted chicken-
This recipe is completely ready in just 15 minutes and makes for a really quick chicken dinner! I always like to have my side dishes ready so they don’t get cold.
- Prepare chicken– Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Beat with a meat mallet so the chicken is even in thickness (and will cook evenly).
- Egg mixture- Whisk together the ingredients for the egg mixture. Tip- use a deep dish to ensure the chicken gets coated well, a pie dish works well.
- Parmesan mixture- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the parmesan crust mixture.
- Coat the chicken- Take the chicken breast and coat in the edge mixture, allow any excess egg mixture to drip off. Then generously coat both sides of the chicken in the parmesan mixture.
- Fry chicken- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan. Once hot, add the chicken. Cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat until the crust is crispy and browned. Flip the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
|Chef’s TIP– Serve the parmesan crusted chicken with creamy mashed potatoes or easy rice and a side salad or roasted vegetables with homemade breadsticks!|
FAQ’s for Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast-
Reheat the chicken over low heat, flipping once, cook until reheated.
Once the chicken is cooled, transfer to a freezer bag. Thaw the chicken overnight in the fridge and reheat it per the instructions above.
Though the chicken will not be as crispy as frying it on the stovetop in the skillet, you can definitely bake the chicken. Once please, add chicken to a lined baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes at 425°F or until chicken measures 165°F.
Yes, this is a great prep ahead chicken recipe. Add the sliced chicken to the egg mixture a few hours in advance or even overnight. Then, just dredge in the parmesan mixture and fry!
Alright, friends! This crispy parmesan crusted chicken is an absolute family favorite. The ingredients are simple and the recipe is so quick to make. The kids absolutely LOVE the recipe and say it’s fancy chicken tenders. If kids love a recipe, it’s a double win in my book.
Other chicken recipes-
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo– with a homemade alfredo sauce.
- Creamy Chicken Potato Soup– comfort food in a bowl
- Chicken Gyoza Recipe– restaurant quality at home.
- Baked Chicken Wings– crispy and crunchy and so easy to make.
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, to cook
- 2 Tbsp oil, to cook
- Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Beat chicken with a meat mallet until even in thickness.
- Dredge the chicken generously in the egg mixture, allow any excess egg mixture to drip off. Generously coat in the parmesan mixture, pat the mixture onto the chicken so it's fully coated.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, heat butter and oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook about 3-4 minutes per side until chicken is cooked.
- Enjoy, friends.!
- NOTE: If the chicken begins to brown too quickly, turn the heat down and continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked.
- The chicken may be marinated in the egg mixture up to one day in advance (and kept refrigerated).
- Reheat the chicken over low heat until heated.