This Chicken Cutlet Sandwich recipe is the easiest sandwich that may be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Chicken cutlets with bacon, avocado, cheese, and our spicy mayo are the best combination.
Chicken Cutlet Sandwich-
There’s just something about the way chicken, bacon and avocado come together that makes this sandwich so good!
Why You’ll Love This Sandwich?
- Tastes just like the restaurant’s fancy sandwich.
- Can use leftover chicken.
- So easy and quick to make!
- Versatile and may be tweaked to personal liking.
- Bread- you want to use Italian, sourdough, or Homemade White Bread that is thick and will keep its shape.
- Chicken- we used chicken cutlets (tenderloins).
- Bacon- your favorite bacon will work.
- Avocado- fresh avocado that is ripe.
- Sauce- we used half a portion of our Spicy Mayo as the sauce.
- Tomato- we like tomatoes on the vine for this sandwich but any ripe big tomato will work.
- Cheese- though we used provolone, your favorite cheese will work; sliced or shredded cheese.
|Cooking the Sandwich: |
If you don’t have a panini press, use a skillet with a splash of olive oil, an air fryer, or a griddle. You just want that bread crispy as it adds so much flavor!
How to make Chicken Cutlet Sandwich-
- Make sauce: In a bowl, combine the mayo, sriracha (or hot sauce), lemon juice, sugar, and chili powder.
- Cook chicken and bacon: Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Add to skillet with the bacon and cook until 2-3 minutes per side. If the grease from the bacon is not enough, add oil.
- Assemble: Spread the sauce over the bread, we like to add it to both slices. Add chicken, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, and cheese.
- Cook sandwich: Close the sandwich and cook in a panini press unless the bread is crispy and the cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Topping and Substitutions:
We love this sandwich as is but here are some other add-in ideas you can try:
The sides to enjoy with this chicken sandwich are endless but here are some of our favorite pairings.
- Soup- pair with your favorite soup like Broccoli Cheddar and the Mushroom Soup.
- Fries- with Baked Fries or the Air Fryer Fries.
- Vegetable- for a lighter side, serve with Roasted Vegetables or the Roasted Broccoli.
frequently asked questions-
Yes, if you don’t have chicken cutlets on hand, chicken thighs or chicken breast will work, just be sure to beat the chicken so it’s even in thickness.
Yes, Once the chicken is cooked, place it in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the oven, microwave, or air fryer until reheated.
This sandwich is best enjoyed immediately.
Yes, prep this sandwich by cooking the chicken and bacon and storing it in an airtight container. Make the sauce and keep it separate. Then just assemble and cook.
more sandwiches you’ll love:
Chicken Cutlet Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices bread, thick slices
- 1/4 lb chicken breast or 3 tenders
- 2 bacon slices, cooked
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 6 sliced or Provolone cheese*
- cilantro or parsley, optional
- Combine ingredients for the chipotle sauce.
- Lightly beat chicken with meat mallet, season with salt and pepper. Sautee in a skillet with bacon slices, (add a dash of oil if not enough fat in bacon slices).
- Spread some of the sauce over bread (we like sauce on both bread slices).
- Add the chicken, bacon, tomato slices, avocado, cheese, and herbs. Close sandwich.
- Cook in Panini press.