Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe – ready in just 30 minutes! This easy tomato soup recipe is loaded with fresh tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and of course fresh basil. The vegetables are blended and added to a creamy broth for the ultimate comfort food.
Serve tomato soup a classic grilled cheese or our Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese for a complete meal.
tomato basil soup-
Creamy tomato soup recipe loaded with fresh tomatoes, carrots, celery and onion with a rich broth and heavy whipping cream. The vegetables are sauteed then pureed together with the tomatoes adding an unexpected texture and give the soup a tomato bisque flavor. This homemade soup is so easy to make yet so hearty and filling.
After you try this from scratch recipe, you’ll never want to purchase store-bought canned tomato soup again. #YoureWelcome
how to make creamy tomato soup-
This tomato soup recipe cannot get any easier and simpler. With the soup completely done in under 30 minutes, it’s a keeper recipe.
- Saute vegetables- Saute the onions, carrots, celery and garlic until vegetables are tender.
- Tomatoes- Add fresh and canned tomatoes to the vegetables and cook until tomatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Blend vegetables- Blend all of the ingredients until well pureed and add back to Dutch oven.
- Broth and cream- Add the broth, heavy whipping cream and fresh basil.
- Cook soup- Bring soup to a soft boil and cook another five minutes.
can I freeze tomato soup?
Yes, tomato soup may be frozen for up to two months. Add cooled soup to a freezer container. Thaw and reheat to serve.
what to serve with tomato basil soup?
Tomato soup may be enjoyed with a classic grilled cheese, croutons, toast or crackers.
Even if you have picky eaters, this tomato soup will become a family favorite! Our children strongly dislike tomatoes and absolutely love the soup.
OTHER FAVORITE SOUPS TO TRY:
- Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe– Olive Garden Copycat recipe.
- Pasta Fagioli Recipe– So rich and hearty.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup– So creamy.
Watch the full video on Youtube and SUBSCRIBE to our channel for more videos!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 each) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Slice onion, carrot, celery, and quarter garlic; add to a Dutch oven with butter.
- Cook over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Chop fresh tomatoes, add to Dutch oven. Add canned tomatoes with juices to Dutch oven. Season with the salt and pepper. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In two batches, transfer vegetable mixture to a blender, blend until pureed.
- Return blended mixture to the Dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, fresh and dried basil. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Bring soup to a soft boil, turn the heat down to low, simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy, friends!
NOTE: Original recipe was posted November, 2016 and edited January, 2020 to add video recipe.