Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe – ready in just 30 minutes! This easy tomato soup recipe is loaded with fresh tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and of course fresh basil. The vegetables are blended and added to a creamy broth for the ultimate comfort food.
Serve tomato soup with our Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese for a complete meal.
Even if you have picky eaters, this tomato soup will become a family favorite! Our children strongly dislike tomatoes and are not huge fans of most vegetables but they absolutely love this recipe. The soup is full of so much flavor from the tomatoes to the extra vegetables and basil. The sauteed carrots, onions, celery and garlic are blended and add a surprising texture to the soup. The richness from the added vegetables gives it the taste of a tomato bisque soup.
After you try this from scratch recipe, you’ll never want to purchase store bought canned tomato soup again. #You’reWelcome
How to Make Creamy Tomato Soup-
This tomato soup recipe cannot get any easier and simpler. With the soup completely done in under 30 minutes, it’s a keeper recipe.
- Saute the onions, carrots, celery and garlic until vegetables are tender.
- Add fresh and canned tomatoes to the vegetables and cook.
- Blend all of the ingredients.
- Add the blended vegetables back to the Dutch oven.
- Add broth, cream and fresh basil.
- Simmer soup.
Can I freeze Tomato Soup?
Yes, tomato soup may be frozen. Add to a freezer container. Thaw and reheat to serve.
What to serve with Tomato Basil Soup?
Tomato soup may be enjoyed with a classic grilled cheese, croutons, toast or crackers.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe for Creamy Tomato Soup with basil. If you try the recipe, don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below. 🙂
Try these other SOUP recipes:
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 each) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Slice onion, carrot, celery, and quarter garlic; add to Dutch oven with butter.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Chop fresh tomatoes, add to Dutch oven. Add canned tomatoes with juices to Dutch oven. Season with the salt and pepper. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In two batches, transfer tomato mixture to a blender, blend until pureed.
- Return blended tomato mixture to the Dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, fresh and dried basil. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Bring soup to a soft boil, turn heat down to low, simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy, friends!