This hearty 30 minute Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe Is pure comfort food. The soup is loaded with vegetables, bacon and cheese in rich creamy broth and is SO EASY to make.
Whether during the cooler weather or if you aren’t feeling good, there really is something so good about serving a bowl of hot soup. Whether the soup is a loaded Creamy Potato, or the hearty Chili, and copycat Olive Garden’s Pasta Fagioli – soup can’t be beat.
creamy vegetable soup-
The creamiest homemade vegetable soup recipe. Loaded with broccoli, carrots, potatoes, corn and bacon in a creamy broth – this soup is so hearty and filling.
This soup will remind you of a Classic Broccoli Soup, but loaded with so many other veggies and bacon.
How to make vegetable soup?
SAUTE BACON– Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces and saute in a Dutch oven until crispy.
PREPARE VEGETABLES– Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and carrots. Cube the potatoes and cut the broccoli into small florets.
SAUTE VEGETABLES– Remove the bacon from the Dutch oven, reserving the bacon grease. Add the onions and carrots and saute until tender. Then add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
LIQUIDS– Pour in the broth, water and add the potatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are almost fully cooked. TIP: Don’t overcook the potatoes, the soup will continue cooking. .
ADD VEGETABLES– Add the corn and broccoli to the soup and cook until broccoli is desired tenderness, about 3-5 minutes.
CREAM– In a bowl, whisk together the milk with flour and add to the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
CHEESE– Turn heat down to a low/medium and stir in the cheese and add the bacon back, cook until cheese completely melts and incorporates into the liquids. TIP: DON’T add the cheese over high heat, it will become clumpy and not melt.
|This vegetable soup is so versatile and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand or take away whatever vegetables you don’t like.|
Frequently asked questions–
If you don’t like the bacon, you can substitute for ham or Italian sausage with great results.
We used broccoli, potatoes, corn, onions, and carrots in ours. You can also add celery, green beans and cauliflower to the soup.
Since there is cream and cheese in the soup, I would NOT recommend freezing this soup.
If you like spicy foods, add some Sriracha or hot sauce to your bowl of soup, or some red pepper flakes.
This hearty Creamy Vegetable Soup will become a staple in your home. It’s the perfect soup to make when you want to finish using your vegetables before you go and purchase new groceries.
MORE EASY SOUPS-
Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 8 oz bacon, cooked
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups medium broccoli florets
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Cube bacon and cook in a Dutch oven or large pot with a thick bottom, once the bacon is cooked remove from pot, leave bacon grease.
- Slice the carrot, finely chop the onions, and cut the broccoli into medium florets.
- Cube the potatoes into even-sized cubes and add to a bowl of water to keep from browning. Set aside.
- In the Dutch oven, saute the carrot and onions until carrots are tender.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth, water and add the potato cubes. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are just about cooked.
- Stir in the corn and broccoli florets and cook until the broccoli is cooked.
- Whisk together the milk and flour and add to the pot along with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low, add the bacon back with the cheese and cook until cheese completely melts, stirring frequently.
- Add fresh herbs, if desired.