This healthy Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe is packed with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with walnuts and feta on a bed of spinach and homemade dressing!
Though the salad is best in January when you are eating healthier or during the summer months when berries are in season, it can honestly be enjoyed all year round – it’s that good!
strawberry spinach salad-
Another name for the Strawberry Spinach Salad should be HEALTHY! The berries are packed with nutrients, protein, and so many other benefits. Not only are the berries so good for you, but they are also so healthy and filling.
This light salad starts with a bed of spinach and packed with Feta cheese, walnuts, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with our homemade Poppy Seed Dressing!
The salad is perfect for lunch or a light dinner (you can add chicken for heartier options).
how to make a strawberry spinach salad-
You can totally personalize what goes in this strawberry spinach salad! We used:
- BERRIES- You want to quarter or slice the strawberries and keep the blueberries and raspberries whole.
- NUTS- We used walnuts for the recipe but pecans or almonds may be used instead. Leave the walnuts whole or chop them into desired pieces. For more flavor, toast the walnuts.
- CHEESE- We just love feta in this salad. If you don’t really like feta, goat cheese would work great as well.
- SPINACH- The spinach can be kept as purchased in the store or it can be chopped into smaller pieces. If you don’t enjoy spinach alone, add some arugula to the salad.
dressing for spinach salad-
We used a homemade Poppy Seed Dressing that is a bit sweet and tangy to complete this salad. You will be HOOKED!
To prepare the dressing, all of the ingredients for the dressing to a mason jar, close lid and shake until well combined.
NOTE: Because the spinach will get soggy quickly, I recommend adding the dressing to the salad before serving for the best results.
what other ingredients can be added to the salad?
Substitute or add any of your favorite ingredients to the salad, we kept it pretty basic and simple but you can be as adventurous.
- peaches or apricots
- sliced avocado
- sliced red onion
- dried fruit like craisins
- cooked bacon
SO!! The combination of sweet berries and savory is just not something I grew up on. We enjoyed very traditional salads with Ranch dressing, ha! ‘
This was totally a new pallet of flavor for my taste buds but I must say – I’m HOOKED!
It takes us a few tries to perfect a recipe and during those tries, our kiddos usually give their opinion (on the food they will actually eat, ha). My second oldest is the most adventurous and though he was hesitant, he tried the salad. And loved it. BIG time.
If you are new to combinations like this one – JUST GO FOR IT!
OTHER POPULAR SALADS TO TRY:
- Quinoa Spinach Salad– flavor packed
- Greek Salad– Greek classic
- Chicken Salad– unusual but so good
- Romaine Tomato Salad– just so easy
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 oz raspberries
- 4 oz strawberries, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 poppy seed dressing
- Prepare the recipe for homemade poppy seed dressing.
- In a bowl, add the spinach, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, Feta cheese, and walnuts.
- Drizzle salad with the homemade poppy seed dressing.Gently toss to combine and serve immediately.