The easiest recipe for homemade Chicken Chipotle Bowl. The bowls are loaded with juicy chipotle seasoned chicken over a bed of cilantro lime rice and topped with avocado, corn, cheese and sour cream.
These bowls are so hearty and filling and perfect for lunch or dinner, they are also great for meal planning.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Enjoy this video recipe tutorial for Chicken Chipotle Bowl. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. 🙂
If you like one-pan meals, you’re going to enjoy our newest recipes. They are all about that one bowl meal concept, like the Chicken Quinoa bowl to the amazing Taco Bowl. You have the grain, the protein and loaded with vegetables and toppings – the perfect combination of flavor.
chipotle burrito bowl-
If you’ve ever eaten at Chipotle Mexican Grill, then you are probably familiar with their bowls. We are recreating a copycat version of the popular bowls that you can make at home for a fraction of the price.
Juicy seasoned chipotle chicken served with cilantro lime rice and topped with your favorite toppings, avocado (you can also just make guacamole), tomatoes (or use our pico de gallo), shredded cheese and sour cream.
|WHAT IS A CHIPOTLE BOWL? Simply put, everything you’d expect in a burrito served in a bowl, without the tortilla. Rice and protein with avocado, beans, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese.|
what goes in a chipotle burrito bowl?
I love that you can customize each bowl to your personal preference and the homemade version is so much HEALTHIER than the restaurant’s. (Save those calories and make homemade breadsticks instead! Ha.)
- RICE- You can keep the rice simple and plain or add any seasoning you like. We cooked our rice and added fresh lime and cilantro for flavor.
- PROTEIN- We used chicken as the choice of protein in our bowl. However, beef and pork may also be used.
- BEANS- We left out the beans completely because our kids hate beans but beans are a classic addition to the bowls.
- CORN- Though you can add the corn cold as they do at the restaurant. We like to add a tablespoon of butter to a skillet and cook the corn. The butter adds so much flavor to the corn. Tip- You can use canned, fresh or frozen corn.
- AVOCADO- Fresh avocado may be used or prepare homemade guacamole.
- TOMATOES- Any tomato you have on hand with work, just chop finely.
- ROMAINE- You can either use Romaine or iceberg lettuce for the bowls. Finely chop the lettuce.
- CHEESE– We used a Mexican blend of cheese for this recipe, you can use your favorite shredded cheese.
- TOPPINGS- We enjoy serving the burrito bowl with sour cream. I like spiciness in my food so I add hot sauce to mine and drizzle fresh lime juice over everything. Tip- You can also be adventurous and add cubed mango or pineapple to the bowl for more flavor.
|MEAL PREP- These burrito chipotle bowls are great to meal prepped for the week. Keep the veggies prepped separately and add avocado fresh after you reheat the rice and chicken.|
how to make a chipotle bowl?
- RICE- Cook rice according to package instructions. Serve plain or drizzle with olive oil and chopped cilantro.
- SEASONING- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the chicken seasoning.
- CHICKEN- Generously season both sides of the chicken with the seasoning. Cook chicken until juicy and fully cooked. Cover to keep warm.
- CORN- If you want the corn hot, saute over medium heat with butter, this is optional.
- TOPPINGS- Chop and prepare all the toppings for the bowl.
- ASSEMBLE- To assemble the bowl, add rice to the bottom, top with chicken and desired toppings. Enjoy immediately.
FAQ’s and HELPFUL TIPS-
- How long will the burrito bowl stay fresh? If refrigerated and covered, it will keep fresh 3-4 days.
- How do you reheat the chicken and rice? You can reheat the chicken and rice in the microwave or on a skillet over medium heat.
- Is a chipotle burrito bowl healthy? These bowls are packed with so many veggies and protein and are so healthy. Leave out the cheese and sour cream for a lighter meal.
- Can I substitute white rice? Yes! You can substitute the rice for brown rice or quinoa if a healthier option is desired.
OTHER POPULAR 30-MINUTE RECIPES-
- Sauteed Shrimp– In the best butter sauce.
- Chicken Wrap– Quick and easy loaded wrap.
- Lo Mein– Better than takeout.
- Philly Cheesesteak– Classic sandwich homemade.
Chipotle Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 1/2 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp lime juice, for rice, optional
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro, for rice, optional
- 1 cup corn
- 3/4 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1 Tbsp oil
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Cook white rice. Drain and drizzle with lime (or lemon) juice and chopped cilantro, set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the chicken seasoning.
- Season the chicken thigh on all sides. In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, cook the chicken thighs until fully cooked, flipping halfway through cooking. Cover chicken to keep warm.
- In a skillet, saute corn with 1 Tbsp butter (or leave the corn cold).
- Prepare all the desired toppings. Cube the chicken thighs.
- In a bowl, add the rice, chicken and top with desired toppings.