These fried ravioli are cheese ravioli coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and then fried until crispy and golden brown. The toasted ravioli is the perfect appetizer or even a quick dinner.
If you love Italian recipes, try our Zuppas Toscana or the Cheese Ravioli recipes.
Fried Ravioli Recipe:
If you love fried ravioli, this recipe is for you. The breading gives the outside a crispiness while the inside is gooey and cheesy.
The ravioli may be cooked so many different ways; they may be deep fried, cooked in the air fryer, or baked in the oven.
How to make Fried Ravioli-
- Prepare bread: You will need two bowls, we just like to use shallow pie dishes, as it makes the dipping easier. You can use whatever you have on hand though. In the first bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. In the second bowl add the breading ingredients, the breadcrumbs, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Dredge the ravioli: Prepare a plate or platter where you’ll place the ravioli once dredge. Drip each ravioli into the egg mixture then the bread mixture until fully coated.
- Fry ravioli: Add about 2-3 inches of oil into a Dutch Oven or pot and heat the oil to 350°F. Once heated add ravioli and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
Note: Don’t overcrowd the pot for even cooking.
Air Fried Ravioli:
If you are like me and are loving your air fryer. These can easily be cooked in the air fryer.
- Add the breaded ravioli into the basket and spray with cooking spray.
- Air fryer at 350°F 4-5 minutes, flip over and spray the other side.
- Cook until the ravioli is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and top with parmesan cheese (optional). Serve and enjoy.
Note: All air fryers are different as are the sizes of the ravioli, keep an eye on them the last few minutes so they don’t burn.
If you don’t want to deep fry the ravioli and don’t have an air fryer, these can easily be cooked in an oven.
Prepare per instructions and coat both sides with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven to 400°F for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Though you can just enjoy the ravioli just with marinara, you can also serve it as a main entree with a side. Here are some side ideas:
frequently asked questions
Prepare the ravioli per instructions, add to a plate or baking sheet, cover tightly, and refrigerate. Then just cook before serving.
If you are using frozen ravioli, they do need to be thawed completely or then work to cook evenly. We just place the frozen ravioli in the fridge the night before.
Yes, we really like cheese but spinach and cheese or even meat will work great.
More Pasta Recipes to Try:
Crispy Fried Ravioli Recipe
- 12 oz cheese ravioli
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 ¼ cups plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- marinara to serve (optional)
- Whisk egg and milk in a bowl.
- In a shallow bowl, add breadcrumbs, panko crumbs, garlic and Italian season.
- Dip ravioli in egg mixture then breadcrumb mixture and add to a plate.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a Dutch oven to 350°F.
- Add the ravioli in batches and cook 4-5 minutes per side, cooking until golden brown.
- To serve, grate parmesan cheese and enjoy with marinara.