An Italian inspired pasta loaded with homemade bolognese sauce. The dish is so EASY to make and packed with so much flavor.
Pasta Bolognese Recipe-
The traditional recipe uses ground beef sauteed with vegetables and cooked in broth and marinara sauce with heavy whipping cream for richness served over tagliatelle or pappardelle. Though the recipe takes a little longer to make than a simple Meaty Spaghetti, it’s worth the extra time.
How to Make Bolognese-
PREPARE BOLOGNESE SAUCE-
- Saute vegetables– In a Dutch oven or skillet with a thick bottom, saute the vegetables and diced tomatoes until tender.
- Brown beef– Add the beef and cook until browned, breaking up as it’s cooked.
- Broth– Pour in the broth and seasoning and allow the mixture to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until liquids have just about evaporated.
- Sauce– Add the marinara (pasta sauce) and bring to a soft boil. Pour in the heavy whipping cream and bring to a soft boil.
- Pasta– Cook your favorite pasta, al dente. Drain water.
Chef’s TIP– Find a detailed post how to make bolognese sauce HERE.
|Though we love using vegetables |
for the sauce that we list, feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
How to serve Bolognese?
Bolognese may be served with just about any pasta. Once pasta is cooked, serve the meaty bolognese sauce over the pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Enjoy homemade breadsticks and a side salad for a complete meal.
How to store Bolognese?
- Fridge– Store bolognese meat sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Then, just reheat and serve over hot pasta of choice.
- Freeze– You can freeze the sauce for up to 3 months.
- With Pasta– Refrigerate up for 4 days. To reheat, cook over med/low heat until reheated. We like to add some butter during the reheating. (NOTE: We don’t recommend freezing the bolognese with the pasta.)
Friends, I hope this classic Italian recipes becomes a family favorite, as it has become with ours. It truly is an amazing recipe.
Other popular pasta dishes:
- Lasagna recipe– loaded with layers.
- Alfredo roll-ups– with a creamy sauce.
- Chicken fettuccine alfredo– with mushrooms.
- Carbonara Recipe– Olive Garden copycat.
Classic Bolognese Recipe
- 1 recipe of bolognese sauce
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (to serve)
- Prepare a recipe of bolognese sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.Drain the pasta.
- To serve, add pasta to a bowl and top with the bolognese sauce.Enjoy with freshly grated parmesan cheese!