This Cheesy Meat Rotini Recipe will become a family favorite. Ground meat with rotini pasta, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. The perfect one-pot pasta dinner for busy evenings, an under 30-minute meal.
Try this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
rotini pasta recipe-
We immigrated from Ukraine over 20 years ago (in 1990 to be exact). My parents came to America with two suitcases and $200 dollars to their name (for a family of 13). They worked so hard to start a life in America. I am so grateful for their sacrifice and all the hardships they went through to give us better life (insert tears emoji).
This rotini pasta recipe brings so many wonderful memories of our first years in America. We tried to budget when we were starting life in America. This recipe was frequently served at dinner. Pasta was inexpensive for us to purchase. The added ground meat added energy and was more filling than plain pasta. Us kids loved when mom would add the ground meat, it was such a treat for us. Making this rotini pasta always has a special feeling to it! Do you have recipes that come with a beautiful story like ours?
How to make this homemade pasta recipe-
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Brown ground meat with onion. Add marinara.
- Add cooked pasta and season.
- Top with your favorite cheese.
- When adding the ricotta cheese, you can either spread it across in a thick layer over top of the pasta or add it in small areas like I did in this recipe. Either is great.
NOTE- Grind your own meat by adding a grinder attachment to your kitchen aid.
meat sauce for pasta recipe-
I enjoy pasta without meat, but our favorite meatless pasta is with an Alfredo sauce. Adding meat to a marinara sauce is wonderful. Instead of purchasing meat sauce, add fresh ground meat to your favorite traditional marinara sauce. It makes for a wonderful pasta dinner.
can I use different meat?
Yes! You can use your favorite choice of protein. Ground turkey, chicken or beef will all work great.
easy one-pot pasta dinner-
This pasta recipe is great, especially for busy evenings! It’s so easy and quick to make, the perfect solution when you’re pressed for time – and it’s super delicious.
If you want your kids to start cooking, this is such a wonderful recipe for them to start with. It’s so easy to make and there’s not much that can really go wrong with it.
If you have friends of your kids over, this recipe is a hit with the kids! My kiddos always request this one-pot pasta when their friends are over. I always serve it with homemade cheesy bread (see HERE).
We hope you loved this Cheesy Rotini with Meat recipe. Leave us feedback in the comments below if you try the recipe. 🙂
Try these other PASTA recipes:
Cheesy Meat Rotini Recipe
- 4 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ tsp canola oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium cooking onion, diced fine
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to instructions with ½ tsp oil and dash of salt. Once cooked, drain water and return to saucepan, keep the lid closed to keep warm.
- On medium heat, in a large skillet add 1 tsp oil. Once hot, add the diced onion, saute 2 minutes. Add ground pork. Cook until meat is browned and onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add salt, pepper, garlic cloves and mix well, cook another minute.
- Combine the meat marinara, basil, Parmesan cheese and pasta. Mix everything.
- Here and there make openings in the pasta. Take ricotta and fill the openings (or spread a layer over all of the pasta). Top with Mozzarella cheese. Close lid and cook on low/medium heat until cheese pasta completely melts.
- Serve with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy