This Creamy Chicken Shrimp Scampi Recipe is everything you can ask for in a dish! Chicken breast with shrimp in a creamy tomato wine scampi sauce. The perfect dinner for any occasion, it’s INCREDIBLE!
Pin this recipe to your dinner board HERE!
Chicken Shrimp Scampi, the perfect dinner!
Let’s talk dinner! Chicken is our favorite and most often used protein. I like to give simple chicken recipes a twist to make it feel special and not so boring. This chicken shrimp scampi is the perfect example. Taking plain chicken breast, adding shrimp and a delicious Cajun cream makes the simple dish a crowd pleaser. It’s so appealing and appetizing.
Creamy tomato wine sauce
I must say, the creamy tomato wine sauce is my favorite part of this recipe. The tomatoes are cooked in butter, onions and wine. They become infused with so much flavor. Then, add the cream, broth, seasonings and fresh basil to seal the deal. This is the perfect wine sauce!
How to make Creamy Chicken Shrimp Scampi Recipe-
- Cut chicken breasts in half evenly lengthwise.
- Season and sauté chicken in skillet until fully cooked.
- Saute shrimp.
- Prepare creamy tomato wine scampi sauce.
- Add chicken and shrimp to the sauce.
How to make shrimp scampi?
The most traditional way of serving shrimp scampi is with a garlic butter and white wine sauce. Think Red Lobster or Olive Garden!. Though this recipe isn’t quite a shrimp scampi recipe as it has the added heavy whipping cream, something about it still makes it feel like a shrimp scampi dish. The added cayenne pepper adds a Cajun taste to it and it’s is so good!
TIP: Devein and remove tail on shrimp. I didn’t in the images for photography purposes, haha :)!
What can I serve Chicken & Shrimp with?
Since the chicken and shrimp are in a creamy sauce, you can really serve it with anything. You can serve the dish with mashed potatoes (our favorite), rice or buttered pasta and drizzle the extra cream over everything. So good.
What kind of wine can I use?
You want to use a dry wine (meaning unsweet). Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay are all great choices (I used Chardonnay in this recipe).
Can I substitute chicken tenders?
Chicken thighs are a WONDERFUL substitute for the breast. Cooking time will be slightly less.
What is your favorite chicken dish? Do you like pairing chicken with shrimp? I’d love to hear your favorite chicken meals.
Enjoy these other chicken recipes:
Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken– the sauce is WOW!
Chicken Stir Fry– love the added vegetable.
Chicken Stroganoff– The easiest recipe for busy dinners.
This Creamy Chicken Shrimp Scampi Recipe is everything you can ask for in a dish! Chicken breast with shrimp in a creamy tomato wine scampi sauce. The perfect dinner for any occasion.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 ½ tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ lb. raw shrimp
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup wine
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
Cut both chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Beat chicken until about ¼” in thickness.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet on med/high heat, add oil, once hot, add the chicken. Sauté chicken until fully cooked and browned, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, add 1 Tbsp butter and shrimp to skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until shrimp is cooked. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions with 2 Tbsp butter for about 3 minutes, stirring as needed until onions are tender.
- Add the tomatoes, minced garlic, wine and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the broth, heavy whipping cream, half and half and the seasonings. Stir and simmer 2-3 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in the chicken and shrimp back to pan. Cook until chicken and shrimp are reheated.
- Enjoy with your favorite side.
Please read our Nutrition DISCLAIMER.