Cheeseburger sliders are Hawaiian rolls stuffed with a hearty beef mixture, and gooey cheese, and made complete with a delicious sauce! They are a miniature version of America’s favorite classic cheeseburger that is the perfect size for a party appetizer.
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders-
These sliders are a twist on classic grilled hamburgers, but there’s no need to fire up your grill. Layer ground beef on Hawaiian buns, fill with cheese, and bake for a quick dinner or an easy party dish! They’re also the perfect size for kids who never finish a full burger!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
- They make a perfect starter for a gathering with minimal prep time and cleanup.
- This recipe is a kid-friendly recipe!
- Can be scaled up for a large crowd or down for a smaller family.
- These mini cheeseburgers are perfect for meal-prepping school lunches.
- Make this ahead of time and bake before serving for a quick meal.
The ingredients for these easy cheeseburger sliders are so simple and can be found at any grocery store.
- Rolls- for the best sliders, we recommend using Hawaiian rolls for this recipe, or your favorite roll brand.
- Ground beef- you can use whatever you have on hand, but we recommend leaner ground beef for this recipe to minimize liquid, which can cause soggy sliders.
- Onion- half an onion finely chopped adds flavor to the beef.
- Seasonings- salt and pepper is all we need to flavor the beef.
- Garlic- enhances the flavor of the beef mixture.
- Worcestershire- Worcestershire adds a depth of flavor to the meat.
- Cheese- shredded cheddar cheese is our favorite.
- Oil- we use olive or canola oil to brown the beef.
- Butter- melted unsalted butter to brush the tops of the sliders for a golden crust.
- Sesame seeds- to sprinkle onto the sliders for a classic, burger bun finish. This is optional.
- Mayonnaise- we love the Hellman’s brand, but you can use your favorite mayo.
- Mustard- yellow mustard adds a tangy flavor. You can also use Dijon Mustard.
- Ketchup- any Ketchup you have will work.
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders:
In just a few easy steps, you’ll have these party sliders in the oven in no time!
- Preheat oven: Start by preheating the oven to 375°F.
- Brown beef: Brown the ground beef with the onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and add the garlic.
- Drain fat: Drain any excess fat from the beef prior to assembling to prevent soggy sliders.
- Prep sauce: Combine the mayo, mustard, and ketchup in a small bowl.
HOW TO ARRANGE SLIDERS:
- Spread sauce: Spread the sauce over the inside of the top buns and close the sliders with the top half.
- Cut rolls: Slice the Hawaiian buns in half lengthwise. Remove the top half and set aside.
- Arrange sliders: Place the bottom slider buns into a 9”x13” Baking Dish. Evenly spread the ground beef mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Brush tops: Brush the sliders with melted butter and sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds.
- Bake: Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy, friends!
Substitutions and Variations-
Here are some ideas to personalize the cheeseburger sliders recipe to your family’s liking:
- Add toppings: Once baked, customize with your favorite burger toppings. Dill pickle slices, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, or even cooked bacon bits are classics.
- Substitute beef: Though cheeseburgers are traditionally made with ground beef, you can use ground chicken, turkey, or a combination of meats.
- Different cheese: Cheddar cheese is our favorite but you can use whatever shredded cheese you prefer. American cheese, Monterey Jack, or Provolone are great options. Optionally, use sliced cheese.
- Homemade rolls: Use your own dinner rolls like the Homemade Dinner Rolls!
Serve the oven cheeseburger sliders with your favorite side, here are some ideas:
- With fries: Serve these with a side of fries like our Air Fryer Frozen French Fries, with some Baked French Fries or these Sweet Potato Fries
- A fresh salad: Make a fresh salad such as the Cucumber Avocado Tomato Salad or a Classic Caesar Salad
- Pasta salad: Our Pasta Salad Recipe compliments these sliders well for a filling dinner.
frequently asked questions?
Yes, just place them into the oven and cook until the cheese is melty and the sliders are golden! Each toaster oven is different and timing will vary depending on your machine.
Follow the recipe instructions until step 5 up to one day in advance. When you are ready to bake, brush the sliders and bake as directed. Add 2-3 extra minutes of baking if the cheese isn’t fully melted.
If you drain excess far from the meat mixture, you shouldn’t have soggy sliders. You can also add cheese before adding the meat. Baking uncovered will also prevent soggy sliders.
Store & Freeze-
- STORE: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
- FREEZE: Cook ground beef and assemble sliders, be sure the meat is cooled. Place into a freezer bag for up to 2 months. Thaw and bake per directions.
- REHEAT: Place sliders into a toaster oven or into the oven and bake at 350°F until warmed through.
Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add the ground beef and onion. Saute beef breaking it up as it’s being cooked.
- Season with salt, pepper, add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, mustard and ketchup for the sauce.
- Slice buns in half lengthwise. Add the ground beef mixture, the shredded cheese and spread the mayo mixture. Close the buns.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the rolls are golden in color.
- Enjoy, friends!