Creamy cucumber tomato avocado salad recipe. A hearty salad loaded with sliced cucumber, fresh tomatoes, avocado, and onions tossed in a homemade salad dressing.
This is the perfect summer salad when fresh vegetables are in season.
Avocado Tomato Salad-
This salad has my favorite combination of vegetables. The crispy and crunchy fresh cucumbers and onion combined with juicy tomatoes and avocado in a homemade avocado dressing with herbs and garlic.
This salad will get rave reviews not only at family dinner but at parties and potlucks as well.
HOW TO MAKE cucumber AVOCADO TOMATO SALAD-
- Slice cucumbers– Slice cucumbers. You can use fresh garden cucumbers (our favorite), mini cucumbers or English garden.
- Cut tomatoes– Cherry tomatoes may be halved in this recipe or any other tomatoes cut into cubes or sliced.
- Slice onion– Thinly slice red onion or sweet onion.
- Avocado– You’ll have to divide the avocado. Cut in half and remove the core. Cut each half in half again. Reserve ¼ of the avocado for the dressing.
- Prepare dressing– In a blender, add the avocado, mayo, sour cream, milk, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and blend until creamy. Stir in the herbs.
- Serve– Pour dressing over salad and mix.
This salad is great to make ahead of time, just don’t slice the avocado until you are ready to serve the salad.
The dressing may be measured out in advance, then just blend when the avocado is added.
Because the salad is such a classic combination of flavor, you can serve it with just about any of your favorite entree recipes.
- Cabbage Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Chicken Salad over Greens
- Pasta Chicken Caesar Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Radish Salad
I hope you love this avocado tomato salad recipe!
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 mini cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion
- 3/4 of an avocado
- salt & pepper to taste
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, slice cucumber and onion. Cut avocado.
- Prepare dressing by blending all of the ingredients for the dressing. Stir in fresh herbs.
- Gently toss salad and pour dressing over salad. Serve immediately.