This hearty salad recipe is the ultimate salad recipe! Shredded chicken mixed with almonds, and raisins mixed in a mayo dressing served over a bed of mixed greens and drizzled with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
If you enjoy this chicken salad recipe then you are going to enjoy our southern chicken salad or the chicken caesar salad just as much.
BEST CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE-
You are not going to believe how easy this chicken salad is to make and it’s so good! The shredded chicken with the sliced almond, raisins with a rich dressing is great for any occasion. Though you can serve the chicken salad in so many different ways, we love to serve it over the mixed greens.
The combination of flavors is mouth-watering and so addictive!
What you’ll need-
- MIXED GREENS– a classic spring mix is perfect.
- SHREDDED CHICKEN– You can use canned cooked shredded chicken breast for this recipe or leftover chicken.
- DRIED FRUIT– We love using dried craisins for this salad but you can also use any of your favorite dried fruit.
- NUTS– This recipe calls for sliced almonds but you can use pecans, or walnuts too!
- DRESSING– our homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
WAYS TO SERVE CHICKEN SALAD-
- As a sandwich using Hawaiin buns, croissants or even classic bread slices.
- With mixed green like we serve it in this recipe.
- As a lettuce wrap with romaine or iceberg lettuce.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can use your favorite greens, we used organic spring mix and it had a great mix of different greens. You can also just do arugula or spinach if you don’t have mixed greens.
Use your favorite dried fruit or a combination of fruits (whatever you have on hand). I used craisins in the recipe. However, raisins, cherries, apricots, or mangos will all work.
Yes, you can prepare this salad ahead of time! Prepare the salad dressing and store it in the fridge. Combine the chicken salad and store in a container and store in the fridge.
Once ready to serve, assemble and enjoy.
The chicken salad will stay fresh for 3-5 days, refrigerated in an airtight container.
Other popular salads-
- Pasta Grape Salad
- Burrata Salad
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Romaine Avocado Chicken Salad
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Bacon Quinoa Spinach Salad
Chicken Salad Over Mixed Greens
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 10 oz cooked chicken breast, drained
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp dried fruit
- salt & pepper, to taste
balsamic vinaigrette recipe-
- 1 ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp dijon mustard