This Chicken Caesar Wrap makes for the best healthy lunch or light dinner. The wrap is filled with juicy, tender chicken, crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes, and a crunch from the breadcrumbs and tossed in the perfect homemade Caesar dressing.
This Caesar wrap was inspired by our popular chicken wrap.
Chicken Caesar Wrap
Chicken caesar wraps are a twist on the classic caesar salad. Take the salad, pair it with pan-seared chicken, vegetables, and a creamy, tangy dressing, then wrap it in a tortilla. They are kid and adult friendly and take just minutes to make. The wraps will quickly become a weekly staple in your home!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy summer lunch. Wraps come together quickly and are great for picnics, school lunches, or a quick lunch for a beach day.
- Involve the kids. Teach your kids to make their own lunches with this recipe. Each kiddo can customize their own wrap based on what they like!
- Great for hosting. These are easy and quick to prep and assemble, and can be scaled up for a potluck or party!
- Inexpensive. Using basic ingredients, these wraps are a cheaper homemade alternative to your fast-food favorites!
Chicken Caesar Wrap Ingredients
Here is your shopping list for the best chicken Caesar wraps:
- Chicken- use half a recipe of our pan-seared chicken, or one and a half cups of cooked chicken of your choosing.
- Romaine- romaine lettuce is the base of the Caesar mixture.
- Bread crumbs- caesar salads typically have croutons, homemade or storebought will work.
- Parmesan- adds saltiness and cheesiness to the wraps.
- Caesar dressing- to bring the wraps together and prevent them from being dry, make a recipe of homemade caesar dressing to toss the wrap filling in.
For a full list of ingredients and quantities, see the recipe card below.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Wraps
In just a few quick steps, you’ll have these delicious wraps ready to serve!
- Cook chicken: Start by preparing half a recipe of our pan-seared chicken breast in a skillet with olive oil. If using pre-cooked chicken, you may choose to warm it up or skip this step completely to serve the sandwich cold.
- Prepare ingredients: Chop the romaine lettuce, dice the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces, and grate the parmesan.
- Prepare dressing: Make our caesar salad dressing and measure out ⅓ cup, refrigerating leftovers for future use.
- Combine ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the chopped romaine, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, black pepper, cooked chicken, and Caesar dressing. Toss together to combine.
- Toast and combine: Toast a tortilla over medium heat with a bit of oil and cook until crispy. Then, layer on the Caesar mixture and roll up like a burrito. Or, fold it over into a taco-style wrap.
- Serve and enjoy, friends!
Substitutions and Variations
One of the great things about the chicken caesar wrap recipe is that you can customize it based on what your family likes! Here are some of our favorite substitution ideas:
- Add bacon: Add bacon crumbles to taste for more protein and flavor.
- Different vegetables: Though Caesar wraps traditionally have cherry tomatoes, you can add other vegetables to your liking.
- Store-bought dressing: We love our homemade dressing for the wraps, but to save time, use a store-bought dressing.
- Use croutons: For more crunch, substitute croutons in the place of the breadcrumbs. For easier eating, slightly crush them before adding to the wraps.
- Precooked chicken: In a time crunch, forgo cooking your own chicken and use store-bought, pre-cooked chicken like a leftover rotisserie chicken.
Serve these wraps with your favorite lunch pairings, using these ideas as a guide!
- French fries: A wrap and french fries are the ultimate combination!
- Chips: For an easy lunch, pack a bag of chips with the wraps for a mess-free lunch.
- With a dip: Pair the wraps with a dip like a spinach dip or our favorite buffalo chicken dip!
Our favorite chicken for the Caesar wraps is our pan-seared chicken, but making these wraps is a perfect way to use up whatever leftover chicken you have on hand- rotisserie, grilled, baked, or even air-fried chicken. Or, for an extra crunch in the wraps, follow the instructions for making crispy buttermilk chicken.
You can choose any tortilla that you like, but for easier wrapping, choose a larger tortilla, 10” or larger. For a healthier lunch, pick a different tortilla, such as whole wheat, a spinach-based tortilla wrap, or even a gluten-free tortilla.
You can toast the tortilla until crispy, then assemble. Or, assemble, wrap, then toast on each side until the tortilla crisps up. It just depends on what is easier for you.
Store & Freeze
- Storage. The wraps should be enjoyed the day they are made for the best results. Store the prepared chicken, cut veggies, and Caesar dressing separately, and assemble just before serving.
- Freeze. We don’t recommend freezing the chicken caesar wrap.
More Lunch Recipes
Chicken Caesar Wrap Recipe
- In a large bowl, add the sliced cooked chicken, romaine, cherry tomatoes, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and ground pepper and toss with caesar dressing.
- Add about ¼ tsp oil to a large skillet. Once hot, add a tortilla and cook until crispy.
- Layout the crispy tortilla, top with ¼ of the mixture and roll up like a burrito.
- Serve and enjoy, friends!
Tortilla- for a healthier option, use spinach, whole-wheat or gluten-free tortilla as a substitution for flour tortilla.