Tender and juicy chicken tossed in a thick and flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce makes for the ultimate Chicken Teriyaki recipe.
This delicious chicken teriyaki stir fry can be on the table in just 20 minutes. Serve over white rice for a complete meal.
This flavor-packed chicken teriyaki recipe is the ultimate weeknight dinner idea! Chicken pan sauteed until crispy and tender then tossed in our homemade teriyaki sauce and served over a bed of rice and a side of broccoli.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI CHICKEN-
The entire family is going to LOVE this easy dish and you are going to love how simple it is to make. With just a few ingredients ready in under 30 minutes.
- Sauce– Prepare a batch of our homemade teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Cook chicken– In a skillet, saute the chicken with oil until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sauce– Add the sauce to the skillet and toss in the sauce, cook until the sauce is warmed.
- Serve– Serve with desired side dishes.
TERIYAKI CHICKEN BOWLS-
You can serve this teriyaki chicken in a bowl style. This is our go-to serving option for the chicken teriyaki. Here is what you need to make the ultimate teriyaki chicken bowls:
- GRAIN– You can use either rice or noodles. We love serving the chicken over a bed of fluffy white rice. You can also serve it over lo mein noodles or linguine pasta.
- VEGGIES– I love adding steamed broccoli to our chicken teriyaki bowls. But you can use any other veggie preference. Whenever I have leftover roasted vegetables, I’ll add those.
- ADD-ONS– Once the bowl is assembled, drizzle some homemade spicy mayo over top of everything.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Chicken breast or chicken thighs will work equally as well in the recipe.
Make the dish ahead of time and keep it refrigerated for up to 2 days. You can even make the sauce ahead of time then just cook the chicken and add the sauce.
Keep covered in an airtight container refrigerated.
Reheat over low heat in a skillet until reheated, stirring as needed.
More Asian-inspired recipes-
- Vegetable Lo Mein
- Chicken Gyozas
- Vegetable Beef Stir Fry
- Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Pork Potstickers
Chicken Teriyaki Recipe (20 Minute Recipe)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, thighs or breast
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Prepare the recipe for homemade teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-sized cubes.
- In a skillet, saute the chicken with 1 Tbsp oil until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked and browned pour in the sauce and toss and cook until warmed.
- Serve with desired dishes.Enjoy!