Classic Ukrainian Canapes with a Creamy Spread topped with sliced meat and vegetables. These canapes are served at most parties and gatherings and go quickly!
canapes with creamy spread-
Open-faced sandwiches (also called tea sandwiches or canapes in Ukraine) are slices of bread topped with a creamy spread then slices of meat and vegetables. I love the recipe for this cream spread, it’s so fluffy and soft and spreads on the bread so easily.
MEAT: If you don’t have a local European Store where fresh Russian kielbasa can be purchased, you can purchase good quality deli meat from your local grocery store. Turkey, salami, turkey pastrami or Canadian bacon can be used as the choice of meat.
TOPPINGS: Some of the most popular toppings to add to canapes are cucumbers, tomatoes. We like to be creative and add jalapenos or banana peppers from jars, or even pickles.
how to make canapes with a creamy spread-
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy, add in half and half and beat for an additional minute.
- Add in mayo, pepper and garlic powder, beat until fluffy and creamy.
- Slice french bread.
- Prepare the desired toppings.
- Add spread to each slice of bread. Add meat on top of the creamy spread.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Enjoy, friends!
I hope you enjoy these creamy canapes as much as we do!
Try these other canapés:
Canapes with a Creamy Spread
- 1 french bread
- 1 lb meat
- banana pepper
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese on high until creamy and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Once the cream cheese is fluffy slowly pour in the half and half and mix another minute.
- Add in the mayo, pepper and garlic powder. Beat again, just to get the mayo mixed in well
- Slice French bread.
- Slice desired toppings.
- Add spread to each slice of bread. Add a slice or two of meat onto the spread. Top with desired toppings.