Simple and delicious canapes with a creamy spread, topped with your assortment of meats and vegetables.
Who doesn’t love a good canapé or two or ten (open faced sandwich or tea sandwich, whichever name you prefer)?. Oh, how I like them, like seriously love them. The spread I use is so delicious and in this post, I would like to introduce you to it. The spread can be prepared several days in advance and keep covered and refrigerated.
Not all of us have a local European Store where fresh Russian kielbasa can be purchased; good quality sliced turkey, salami, turkey pastrami or Canadian bacon can be used instead. I like to mix my toppings up a bit. Cucumber or tomato alone can get rather boring. Try adding jalapenos, pickles or banana peppers or if you are like me load them all on (hehe). Mmm. Mmm. Good!.
Have you ever had to layer your canapés for a party and by the time you were ready to enjoy them they became soggy and well rather gross? Add parchment paper between layers and good bye sogginess. Superb idea, yup.
how to make canapes with a creamy spread-
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy, add in half and half and beat for an additional minute.
- Add in mayo, pepper, garlic powder and beat again.
- Slice french bread.
- Prepare the desired toppings.
- Add spread to each slice of bread. Add meat on top of the creamy spread.
- Top with desired toppings.
Try these other canapés:
Canapes with a Creamy Spread
- 1 french bread
- 1 lb meat
- banana pepper
- In a bowl, on high speed, beat cream cheese for about 2 minutes. Whipping cream cheese really is just letting air into the cream cheese as you beat it. Once the cream cheese starts to become airy and fluffy slowly pour in the half and half, keep mixing as you pour, beat 1 more minute. Add the mayo and ground pepper. Add garlic powder to taste (add garlic powder according to how much of a garlicky taste you want). Beat again, just to get the mayo mixed in well
- Slice French bread.
- Slice desired toppings.
- Add spread to each slice of bread. Add a slice or two of meat onto the spread. Top with desired toppings.