Homemade Pizza Rolls recipe. An easy homemade dough filled with cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni pieces. Topped with garlic butter. Great when served warm with marinara (pizza sauce) for dipping sauce.
This recipe for pizza rolls is going to become a family favorite. The dough is so quick to make, easy to work with and is soo soft. The pizza rolls are loaded with cheese, pizza sauce and pepperoni pieces.
tips on how to make pizza rolls-
- You want to use good quality flour for the dough, works the best. I use either Sapphire flour or Canadian flour when making this recipe.
- If you will be using regular all-purpose flour, start out with about 3 2/3 cups flour and just continue adding flour as needed. The dough shouldn’t stick to your hands.
- You can either shape them round like you would dinner rolls or long oval shaped.
- The butter topping is optional; you can just use an egg wash as a substitute.
can I freeze pizza rolls?
This is a freezer-friendly recipe. Those of you that have an extra freezer, double or triple the recipe. Once rolls are completely cooked, add to Ziploc bag and freeze. Thaw once ready to be enjoyed and bake a few minutes to add freshness. Tastes as if you just baked them:).
We always have frozen pepperoni rolls to thaw for busy evenings.
how long are pizza rolls good for?
These pepperoni pizza rolls can be stored covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days. To enjoy, just reheat the rolls in a toaster oven until warm.
If you make these Homemade Pepperoni Rolls, please leave us feedback in the comments below! We so appreciate it.
Try these other easy recipes:
Homemade Pizza Rolls
- 3/4 - 1 cup pasta sauce
- 6 - 8 oz pepperoni slices, chopped
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven at step 8 to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayo, oil, salt, warm water and warm milk. Sprinkle yeast over top of mixture and sprinkle sugar over yeast, let sit 5 minutes to activate.
- Gradually add flour, mix until flour is well incorporated and combined. Cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Set dough aside to rise 1 ½ to 2 hours until the dough doubles, almost triples in size.
- Divide dough into two. Take one half and divide into two again. Then take that half and cut into 6 pieces if shaping into round dinner rolls. If shaping into larger rolls, divide into 5 pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough. Add cheese, some pasta sauce and pepperoni. Close up dough and turn over. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Combine butter, Italian seasoning and garlic. Brush tops of rolls with the butter mixture.
- Set aside and let rise 30 – 45 minutes, until about doubled in size.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until tops of rolls are really golden brown.