Amazing recipe for baked Fillo Dough with Brie Cheese. Fillo (phyllo) dough sheets stuffed with Brie Cheese and baked to a crispy perfection.
This is such a great recipe to serve as an appetizer for parties. It will become a huge hit.
The first time I tried brie cheese was at a Scentsy Candle party my neighbor hosted. I had never tried brie cheese before then and was a bit hesitant to try the dish. When I tried this fillo dough with brie cheese appetizer, my mouth did a happy dance (yes, there is such a thing). Yup, a believer in this amazing recipe ever since.
Even though I love baking with puff pastry sheets and use them for appetizers, dessert or even side dishes. Fillo (phyllo) dough is such a wonderful dough to work with. This thin unleavened dough is what is used to make pastries such as baklava and many other savory dishes in Middle Eastern cuisines.
I love that the prep time for this fillo dough with brie cheese is literally 10 minutes, winner!.
Once baked, the dough becomes so buttery, flaky and so crunchy and is such a perfect treat with the melted brie.
HOW TO MAKE FILLO DOUGH WITH BRIE CHEESE APPETIZER:
- Be sure fillo dough is completely thawed before unrolling it.
- I like to remove the curd off of the brie by skimming it with a serrated knife. If you don’t mind it, skip this part.
- Cube the brie and spread the cubes for even baking and so the brie completely melts.
- To reheat, cover baking dish with foil and bake until warm.
- If desired, grated baby Swiss or provolone may be added to the brie.
CREATIVE APPETIZER PLATTER WITH FILLO DOUGH & BRIE CHEESE:
This baked fillo and brie makes for the perfect cheese platter. You don’t need any additional cheese since you already have the brie. However, you can add different sides around the brie on the platter. You can add savory sides on one side of the platter and sweet sides on the other and place the brie in the center once baked. When serving, I like to use THIS set. It makes for a cute setup.
- Fruit – grapes, raspberries or tangerines.
- Jelly- any jelly would work, I love pepper jelly most.
- Crackers- different types of crackers.
- Meat- Dried salami or prosciutto is great.
- Dried fruit- apricot, prunes and fig are my favorites, but you can add whatever else you like.
- Nuts- your favorite nuts places in different smalls bowls.
OTHER FAVORITE APPETIZER RECIPES:
I hope you fall in love with this Fillo DOugh with Brie Cheese recipe.
Fillo Dough with Brie Bread
- 1 roll fillo dough pastry
- 16 oz Brie Cheese
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- Remove the fillo dough from the freezer, completely thaw.
- Take your fillo dough and with a knife gently remove the curd from the edges. Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Taking a few sheets at a time start putting them over an 8' round baking dish. Some of the dough should hang over the side of your dish, continue going all the way around. Put a few sheets in the middle of the pan. Coat fillo sheets with butter.
- Add cheese to baking dish.
- Add some more butter over the cheese.
- Carefully lifting your dough that is hanging over the edges, bring it into the middle covering the cheese. Brushing butter on every couple fillo sheets. Use the remaining fillo sheets, place atop the ingredients, buttering as you go, then tuck under.
- Spread the rest of your butter on top.
- Bake at 355˚F for at least 35-40 min uncovered. Serve immediately.