Amazing recipe for baked Fillo Dough with Brie Cheese. Fillo (phyllo) dough sheets stuffed with Brie Cheese, baked to crispy perfection.
Though a dip is usually a go-to appetizer for parties, this brie will become your new go-to recipe for parties.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Even though I love baking with puff pastry sheets and use them for appetizers and all kinds of recipes for dessert, fillo (phyllo) dough is just as wonderful to work with. The thin unleavened dough is what is used to make pastries such as baklava and many other savory dishes in Middle Eastern cuisines.
Layers of phyllo sheets are brushed with butter then stuffed with brie cheese. Once baked, the dough becomes so buttery, flaky and so crunchy and is such a perfect treat with the melted brie. I love that the prep time for this fillo dough with brie cheese is literally 10 minutes, winner!.
how to make fillo with brie cheese appetizer-
- Be sure the fillo dough is completely thawed before unrolling it.
- I like to remove the curd off of the brie by skimming it with a serrated knife. If you don’t mind it, skip this part.
- Cube the brie and spread the cubes for even baking and so the brie completely melts.
- To reheat, cover the baking dish with foil and bake until warm.
- If desired, grated baby Swiss or provolone may be added to the brie.
appetizer platter with baked brie phyllo-
This baked fillo and brie make for the perfect cheese platter. You don’t need any additional cheese since you already have the brie. However, you can add different sides around the brie on the platter. You can add savory sides on one side of the platter and sweet sides on the other and place the brie in the center once baked. When serving, I like to use THIS set. It makes for a cute setup.
Try adding these ingredients to serve with baked brie-
- Fruit- grapes, raspberries or tangerines.
- Jelly- any jelly would work, I love pepper jelly most.
- Crackers- different types of crackers.
- Meat- Dried salami or prosciutto is great.
- Dried fruit- apricot, prunes, and fig are my favorites, but you can add whatever else you like.
- Nuts- your favorite nuts places in different smalls bowls.
This has to one of my ultimate favorite ways to bake brie cheese. There’s just something about the combination of the crispy fillo dough with the melted brie that just hits the spot.
other favorite appetizer recipes:
Fillo Dough with Brie Cheese
- 1 roll fillo dough pastry
- 16 oz Brie Cheese
- 8 Tbsp butter (melted)
- Remove the fillo dough from the freezer, completely thaw.
- Take your fillo dough and with a knife gently remove the curd from the edges. Cut the cheese into cubes.
- Taking a few sheets at a time start putting them over an 8' round baking dish. Some of the dough should hang over the side of your dish, continue going all the way around. Put a few sheets in the middle of the pan. Coat fillo sheets with butter.
- Add cheese to baking dish.
- Add some more butter over the cheese.
- Carefully lifting your dough that is hanging over the edges, bring it into the middle covering the cheese. Brushing butter on every couple fillo sheets. Use the remaining fillo sheets, place atop the ingredients, buttering as you go, then tuck under.
- Spread the rest of your butter on top.
- Bake at 355˚F for at least 35-40 min uncovered. Serve immediately.