This Chicken Alfredo Flatbread recipe is a great appetizer, dinner, side dish or for brunch. A homemade flatbread dough with an Alfredo sauce, topped with chicken, peppers and fresh basil.
Check out our Chicken Spinach Mushroom Flatbread recipe.
I love the recipe for this Chicken Flatbread. The thin crunchy flatbread pizza comes out so delicious. The bread recipe is easily prepared and you can roll it out with a rolling pin to a really thin flatbread or one with a thicker crust (like the one I did).
The chicken alfredo is such a good combination with the red peppers, basil and loaded with cheese. Oh, yes, please. You can definitely adjust the ingredients in it to your liking. You can do chicken and mushrooms if you like, or just plain chicken with cheese. My children do not like the peppers so I double the recipe for the dough and do theirs just chicken and keeps ours as the recipe indicates and everyone is happy. You can also shape it into a round thin pizza shape if you would rather serve it that way. The process is the same, either way.
Can I freeze the homemade dough?
Yes, This flatbread pizza dough recipe is perfect to freeze. Make double or triple the portion. Prepare per instructions. Lightly coat a Ziploc bag with flour and freeze the dough. Then, just thaw flatbread dough when needed, add your desired toppings and bake! This chicken flatbread recipe is the perfect recipe for busy evenings – so, freeze some dough enjoy.
what toppings to add:
For this flatbread recipe, I used a homemade Alfredo Sauce and added chicken as the protein, red peppers, and fresh basil.
Here are some other great toppings for the flatbread pizza you can substitute or combine together:
- sauteed mushrooms
- sauteed zucchini
- roasted garlic
Try these other great recipes:
- Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce– A great chicken recipe stuffed with mushrooms!
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo– Classic chicken Alfredo recipe.
- Chicken Stuffed Shells in Alfredo– Pasta shells stuffed with a creamy chicken filling.
- Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Casserole– Alfredo sauce with chicken and mushrooms.
Chicken Alfredo Flatbread
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 chicken breast, sliced into strands
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 of a large red pepper, sliced into strands
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 - 3 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Take the chicken breast and cut into strips. Add oil and lightly salt and pepper, cover and set aside.
- Place the water, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the top of the water. Then sprinkle the sugar and let the mixture sit for 3-5 minutes, until yeast becomes foamy and activates.
- Add flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover and set aside to rise an hour.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Fold the edges like an envelope and flip the dough over so your edges are straight.
- Roll the dough to about 8"x14-16" in size. Place dough in baking pan, poke holes in the dough and bake in preheated oven to 375°F for 12-15 minutes. (Really depends on your oven and how crunchy you would like it.) Once the flatbread is done baking, gently rub it with the garlic clove.
- While the dough is baking, prepare the Alfredo sauce. In a small pan, over medium heat combine cream cheese, butter and whipping cream. Once the ingredients are well incorporated add the garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, a dash of salt and some grated pepper. Let simmer for about a minute and set aside.
- Cook the chicken in 2 tsp of olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes, mix as needed. Once cooked remove from pan. In the same pan, saute the red pepper about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over flatbread. Add the chicken, red peppers and cheese. Bake for another 15-18 minutes at 375°F.
- Add fresh basil.