Learn how to make the best Homemade Flatbread Pizza Dough. The base flatbread dough recipe will work with any toppings! In no time, you can have this thin and crispy flatbread ready to be used with your favorite toppings.
HOMEMADE FLATBREAD PIZZA-
This flatbread dough is a faster and simpler way to make pizza dough. The pizza comes out thin, crunchy and so delicious. Then, just personalize your toppings and enjoy the amazing flatbread pizza.
This flatbread recipe requires a minimal amount of basic staple ingredients that most likely already have!
- Water– You want to make sure you use warm water that is 110°F, warm water is what activities the yeast.
- Salt– Salt is used to flavor the dough, you can add more or less!
- Oil– This recipe calls for olive oil, giving the dough flavor.
- Sugar- Granulated sugar is what feeds the yeast.
- Yeast- You want to be sure to use a good quality active dry yeast that is fresh.
- Flour– Be sure to use a good quality all-purpose flour for this dough.
HOW TO MAKE FLATBREAD PIZZA DOUGH-
- Flour– In a bowl, sift the flour and salt and create a well in the center of the flour.
- Activate yeast-Pour the warm water and oil into the well. Sprinkle sugar and yeast over the water to allow the yeast to activate.
- Mix to combine until well incorporated.
- Rise– Cover and let the dough rise for one hour in a warm place or room temp.
- Roll out dough– Dust the workspace with flour and roll out the dough to about an 8″x13” rectangle.
- Bake– Transfer the dough to a lined baking sheet and with a fork, poke holes in the dough and bake until slightly golden.
- Add toppings– Remove from the oven and use as desired.
There are several ways that you can enjoy this crispy thin flatbread!
- Plain– Enjoy this plain, add some sea salt, pepper and garlic over the dough before baking and serve just like that. Use it for avocado toast or as a dipper for hummus.
- Cheesy Garlic Flatbread– Top the dough with garlic, salt, herbs, and shredded cheese and then bake. This is a great side for your dinner or to serve along with marinara sauce.
- Flatbread Pizza– We LOVE using this for pizza! Just add you desired toppings just like a pizza and bake and enjoy!
FLATBREAD PIZZA TOPPINGS-
When using this as a pizza, all you need to do is just add your toppings and bake until the cheese melts and pizza is warmed through. When adding meats make sure it is already cooked.
Here are some of our favorite flatbread pizza ideas:
- Margherita– Add some marinara sauce to the flatbread and top with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Season with garlic, salt and Italian seasoning and bake. Drizzle with balsamic glazer and enjoy!
- BBQ Chicken– Spread some barbecue as the sauce and top with some cubed pan-seared chicken or air fryer chicken, sliced red onion, and shredded cheese and bake.
- Spinach Pesto– Add some pesto sauce as the base and top with chopped spinach, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese and red pepper flakes and bake.
- Classic Pizza– Make a classic pizza and spread marinara, shredded cheese, pepperoni and any other of your go-to pizza toppings and bake.
- Alfredo Pizza– Spread some Alfredo sauce and add desired toppings and bake.
- Avocado Chicken– The avocado and chicken flabread pizza is a family favorite!
- Buffalo Chicken– If you like head in your flatbread, then you’ll love the buffalo chicken flatbread.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
No, flatbread is a thinner and crispier dough while pizza is fluffy and thick.
Yes! Make the flatbread and store an airtight plastic bag at room temp for 2-3 days or fridge for 3-4 days.
Yes! Once the dough rises for an hour, just add to a freezer bag that is labeled and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw on the counter and continue with instructions.
Yes, once baked allow the flatbread to cool and wrap in plastic wrap and then foil to avoid freezer burn. Then freeze for up to 2-3 months. Thaw and use as desired.
More Recipes with Dough-
Homemade Flatbread Pizza Dough
- In a bowl, sift the flour and salt and create a well in the center of the flour.
- Pour the warm water and oil into the well. Sprinlke sugar and yeast over the water allow yeast to activate.Mix to combine until well incorporated.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise for one hour.
- Roll out the dough to about 8″x13” in size. Place dough in a baking pan on parchment paper. (Roll out dough even thinner, if desired.)
- With a fork, poke holes in the dough and bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.
- Serve as desired.