Quick and EASY Shrimp Ceviche recipe. Shrimp with cucumbers, avocado, and tomatoes in lime juice.
This is the perfect recipe for a light and healthy appetizer or side dish, especially for parties.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What is ceviche?
A classic ceviche uses fish or shrimp and tossed with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and lime. This recipe is then changed up a bit to personal preference.
The shrimp recipe is low carb, gluten-free, and loaded with so many nutrients and is so healthy. The perfect side dish or appetizers.
Where does ceviche originate from?
Though ceviche is popular in Mexico, it originates from Peru. The recipe is tweaked and has its variation depending on where you’re from.
Shrimp Ceviche Ingredients-
- Fish/shrimp– Though you can use different fish for ceviche, we personally love shrimp and that’s what we use in this recipe.
- Vegetables– Once you have the fish or shrimp, you will just need tomatoes, cucumbers, onion (red or sweet), fresh cilantro, freshly squeezed lime, salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Shrimp Ceviche?
- Prepare the shrimp– Bake half portion of shrimp per these instructions. Once cooled cube into even pieces. TIP: You can easily substitute for cooked shrimp.
- Cube vegetables– tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, and onion. Finely chop the cilantro.
- In a large bowl add the vegetables, cilantro, garlic, and freshly squeezed lime (we use a lime squeezer).
- Serve– Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir to combine and enjoy.
How to serve Shrimp Ceviche?
Serve the shrimp ceviche with tostadas or tortilla chips.
If you’ve never had ceviche, but enjoy light, healthy yet filling recipes, this is a must-try. And if you make the recipe, we’d love your feedback in the comments below. 🙂
Other shrimp recipes:
- Bang Bang Shrimp– restaurant copycat recipe.
- Fried Shrimp– crispy and so good.
- Sauteed Shrimp– so easy!
- Grilled Shrimp– with a sweet and tangy sauce.
EASY Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Prepare half a portion of the cooked shrimp recipe (or use cooked shrimp).
- Once the shrimp is baked and cooled, chop the shrimp small cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the cubed shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers, chopped onions, minced garlic, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, and salt and mix until combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips.